21:12, Sat 18 Nov
Heavenly on the Trocadero album for me

What say you, my Brillcream’d Brummagem babbies?
21:23, Sat 18 Nov
I say read or listen to Dave Bartram's book. You won't regret it.
21:29, Sat 18 Nov
Now I’m intrigued
21:45, Sat 18 Nov
They stayed at my hotel a couple of times around 25 years ago. Two of them sh*gged a couple of my older waitresses, they weren't fussy. Nice guys, very complimentary. No one obeyed the latest breakfast finishing time. I think one called it his favourite hotel, which was nice
Tha Project OBE
I wonder why.
21:57, Sat 18 Nov
Tony Hadley stayed once too. He was on his own, I think he had had a meeting with his lawyer. Anyway, it was Saturday morning, very quiet and he was drinking alone in the bar. My wife had stayed in the hotel with me that night and was bugging me at reception where I had work to do, so I told her to go and have a chat with the fellow in the bar. "What" she said, "I don't speak to strange men in bars" and kept pestering me. On the way home I told her who it was. I don't think she spoke to me for a week, and doesn't forgive me to this day
22:41, Sat 18 Nov
Tha Project OBE

I hope he writes better than he sang , later career only,( went to see them with Sweet and Rubettes and it was cringeworthy )
00:16, Sun 19 Nov
Manfred Man stayed once too. On checking in, he asked for an early morning alarm for 7.00am. Duly set, it was set off but not answered. We tried again at 7.30, 8.00am and 9.00am. Still no answer. So the duty manager, knocked on the door and still receiving no answer, let himself in with a pass key. Mr Man, he whispered, are you awake? The guest was outstretched, and not moving. Concerned now, the duty manager fumbled through the gloom and opened the curtains to let in the bright morning sunshine
It did the trick, and I think they may have performed a song about it
08:35, Sun 19 Nov
jeffwealands
Manfred Man stayed once too. On checking in, he asked for an early morning alarm for 7.00am. Duly set, it was set off but not answered. We tried again at 7.30, 8.00am and 9.00am. Still no answer. So the duty manager, knocked on the door and still receiving no answer, let himself in with a pass key. Mr Man, he whispered, are you awake? The guest was outstretched, and not moving. Concerned now, the duty manager fumbled through the gloom and opened the curtains to let in the bright morning sunshine
It did the trick, and I think they may have performed a song about it
Was Bruce Springsteen your duty manager? 😂👍
09:37, Sun 19 Nov
Good Springsteen knowledge 👍
09:54, Sun 19 Nov
His only US no. 1 single. And it was before he'd ever had a US top 20 hit as a performer.

(unless you count his appearance on USA For Africa, and frankly that may be the worst single ever)
10:20, Sun 19 Nov
jeffwealands
They stayed at my hotel a couple of times around 25 years ago. Two of them sh*gged a couple of my older waitresses, they weren't fussy. Nice guys, very complimentary. No one obeyed the latest breakfast finishing time. I think one called it his favourite hotel, which was nice

About the waitresses ?
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
10:41, Sun 19 Nov
bluearmyfaction
His only US no. 1 single. And it was before he'd ever had a US top 20 hit as a performer.

(unless you count his appearance on USA For Africa, and frankly that may be the worst single ever)

Assume you mean Trapped (a Jimmy Cliff song). Personally, I love that song. Love Blinded by the Light too - seems strange that it was his only no.1 single
11:17, Sun 19 Nov
I meant the single, rather than the album. He was one of the singers on that.
15:15, Sun 19 Nov
Showaddywaddys my bloody line Gerroff!!!