08:56, Sun 19 Nov
Slightly unlucky in their game last night. Only lost 14-0 to France.
13:07, Sun 19 Nov
I’m confident England would have ran out comfortable 2-0 winners against Gibraltar. They’re nothing imo.
15:33, Sun 19 Nov
Not about Gibraltar but I had no idea that Luxembourg are currently decent, 3rd in a group of 6 comfortably above Iceland.
15:37, Sun 19 Nov
That’s why it’s important to let them play and get hammered for years. They will improve. Like Luxembourg and Turkey years back. Like Bangladesh and Afghanistan in cricket
Tony Fantastico
16:03, Sun 19 Nov
I wonder how many men are eligible to play for Gib? Number must be pretty low.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
17:00, Sun 19 Nov
Only San Marino has a smaller population in the UEFA region
Tony Fantastico
17:28, Sun 19 Nov
JohnP
Not about Gibraltar but I had no idea that Luxembourg are currently decent, 3rd in a group of 6 comfortably above Iceland.

Luxembourg beat Bosnia/Herzegovina 4-1 in the week
18:00, Sun 19 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
That’s why it’s important to let them play and get hammered for years. They will improve. Like Luxembourg and Turkey years back. Like Bangladesh and Afghanistan in cricket
Hasn’t worked for us.
19:07, Sun 19 Nov
Tilton shark
I wonder how many men are eligible to play for Gib? Number must be pretty low.

I was there this time last year and watched them twice, 2 wins against Andorra and Liechtenstein. They weren’t terrible to be fair.

They were staying in the same hotel as me and looked a mixture of Spanglish and a few guys who looked as English as me but obviously had some residency or ancestral qualification.

I did buy a couple of Gibraltar tops but might not wear them at the moment.

On another note, their rugby team has been blocked by Spain joining the world rugby circuit. They apparently have some sway at that level and have successfully blocked any attempt by Gib to get national status. Apparently world rugby require the country to have an Olympic affiliation and i was told it is in the mandate of all (?) Spanish confederations to block any attempt by Gibraltar to achieve national status. The hypocrisy of a country that maintains 2 contested enclaves in North Africa shouldn’t go unnoticed - maybe we should claim back Menorca which was also ceded under the same Treaty of Utrecht that Gibraltar was.
21:37, Sun 19 Nov
Wolvobluenose
JohnP

Luxembourg beat Bosnia/Herzegovina 4-1 in the week
Winning tonight away after playing 80 odd minutes with 10 men
Tony Fantastico
13:35, Mon 20 Nov
Bcfc 26
Slightly unlucky in their game last night. Only lost 14-0 to France.

France manager reported as saying “No easy games in international football” prior to ko?