14:09, Sun 19 Nov
In response to their stupid pricing policy, I'm not going as I refuse to pay that much when the game is live on TV. Can any fan groups organise a boycott of the food & drink within the stadium.
14:10, Sun 19 Nov
I’d say no chance. Last season there were hundreds in the concourse all game. And booze does help when you’re watching us
Tony Fantastico
Dan
15:08, Sun 19 Nov
Will you be organising a boycott of food and drink at Blues for the Leicester game where tickets are on sale for £37.50 despite the game being on TV?
15:14, Sun 19 Nov
Wtf
16:44, Sun 19 Nov
Dan
Dan
Will you be organising a boycott of food and drink at Blues for the Leicester game where tickets are on sale for £37.50 despite the game being on TV?

If that's true that is also disgusting.clubs just ripping off fans.
Fair play to Leicester if they do boycott.
16:57, Sun 19 Nov
Kennels
Dan

Dont be silly... those match day prices were published by BCFC in July and are now the norm in the championship for match day tickets... did you not see the prices that Sheff Weds are charging for CAT A matches this season? - cheapest adult £45 - up to £59.

[www.bcfc.com]

[www.swfc.co.uk]
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
18:14, Sun 19 Nov
Kennels
In response to their stupid pricing policy, I'm not going as I refuse to pay that much when the game is live on TV. Can any fan groups organise a boycott of the food & drink within the stadium.

Me too!! Too many fans will “pay whatever”. And because of this, the cost of tickets will continue to rise….yes, clubs have costs to meet and some of the price rise can be attributed to inflation but in this instance, Coventry are absolutely taking the piss. They’re exploiting Blues’ loyal away following. I just hope the away end is sparsely populated.
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
18:21, Sun 19 Nov
We’re charging Leicester fans £35 - embarrassing.
For comparison, Albion are charging them £28 and Sheffield Wednesday £30… poor from Blues.

I will not be sitting in with the Leicester fans when they come to St Andrew’s….
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
19:35, Sun 19 Nov
It’s on £37. I paid more for a steak yesterday.
19:52, Sun 19 Nov
It’s on £37. I paid more for a steak yesterday.

I know you’re in the wind up but this is what two years of 10% inflations does. £37 today is the same as £29 two year ago.
Kennels

unfortunately, that doesn't really hurt CCFC, only the food companies they have outsourced the catering to
20:39, Sun 19 Nov
Kennels
Dan

If the fans want stadium improvements, and better players, they'll have to pay for it.
Simple choice, do or don't.

For what it's worth... a good end to the season, some good transfers, increased season ticket sales, and I reckon we'll piss all over £37
21:15, Sun 19 Nov
666VAN
Kennels
Dan

If the fans want stadium improvements, and better players, they'll have to pay for it.
Simple choice, do or don't.

For what it's worth... a good end to the season, some good transfers, increased season ticket sales, and I reckon we'll piss all over £37

Disagree- watching live football should be accessible to everyone within a community; if ticket prices make this inaccessible, then attendances will decline (meaning many empty seats) and that club will lose a generation of fans (who will, instead, watch football on TV and become a “big six” fan).

There’s a cost-of-living crisis- many fans that ARE willing to come to games will just not justify spending £37 on a match ticket.

I’m a Season Ticket holder but the club offering £15 tickets to games, in the hope of getting the ground full again, wouldn’t bother me.

Charging £37 for a ticket, however, does bother me. Inflation or not, I just won’t pay that.
21:18, Sun 19 Nov
Disagree- watching live football should be accessible to everyone within a community

Why?

Ferrari don’t sell cars I can afford and Moet don’t make £4 a pint lager.
21:44, Sun 19 Nov
It's £40 in the Kop for cat A games.

I suspect when they announced the matchday prices, they were hoping it would push people to buy a ST. Just had a quick look at the ST price for the Tilton and that was less than £18 per game. The matchday average across all Three categories in the Tilton, is just under £32. So for anyone attending less than 13 games, it's cheaper to pay on the day. That's how marketing will see it.