10:15, Tue 21 Nov
Rab, for a microcosm of opinion on Englands performance last night go on the BBC's Hys and see what fans are saying there, it makes my vitriol look tame in comparison, and this is from fans from all over the Country.
10:23, Tue 21 Nov
Sounding like a pratt, I really have seen enough and trust my own eyes to know that I don’t like watching Southgate’s football.
I do find it amusing that those who laid us beating a very average in historical terms Italy said they were pretty much unbeatable in the Euro’s final anot long previously.
Never, ever trust a Dv B
Tony Fantastico
10:27, Tue 21 Nov
Sounding like a pratt, I really have seen enough and trust my own eyes to know that I don’t like watching Southgate’s football.
I do find it amusing that those who laid us beating a very average in historical terms Italy said they were pretty much unbeatable in the Euro’s final anot long previously.
Never, ever trust a Dv B
10:43, Tue 21 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Never, ever trust a Dv B

That’s a ridiculous comparison. The Italy team we lost to in the final is miles different to the one they’ve had in qualifying, as is the England team.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:47, Tue 21 Nov
Southgate could win the world cup, the euro's, cure cancer and reveal he's the second coming of Christ, and some of you lot would still dismally whine on about DVB's. It's all rather pathetic.
The cold never bothered me anyway
10:48, Tue 21 Nov
Oboe
You're the effin moron mate, and blinkered. Portugal never let up, France never let up in dead rubber games, if you want to be an apologist for that shite crack on. Like i wrote earlier, i used to travel home and away 80's and 90's, were you there? Doubtful. Apart from a decent spell mid 90's and the easy path thru the recent WC and Euros to the semis and final there's been no progression. Backwards, sideways, whenever they play someone decent they either get found wanting or bottle it. Next year will be the exact same turgidness unless Jude carries us, or they get rid of Southgate. Abject failure awaits yet again, what will the inane excuses be this time??

You put Germany in the same breath as France earlier in this thread, we beat them in the last Euro’s did we not? That doesn’t support your ‘whenever we play someone decent they get found wanting or bottle it’ claim.

The Dutch who you also mentioned lost to the first good team they played in the World Cup last year and Portugal who ‘never let up’ in qualifiers lost to Morocco, but at least they won a pointless game in November!
10:49, Tue 21 Nov
DvB
Tony Fantastico
10:51, Tue 21 Nov
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt
Never, ever trust a Dv B

That’s a ridiculous comparison. The Italy team we lost to in the final is miles different to the one they’ve had in qualifying, as is the England team.
Much of that team failed to qualify for the World Cup
Tony Fantastico
10:53, Tue 21 Nov
Oboe
You're the effin moron mate, and blinkered. Portugal never let up, France never let up in dead rubber games, if you want to be an apologist for that shite crack on. Like i wrote earlier, i used to travel home and away 80's and 90's, where you there? Doubtful. Apart from a decent spell mid 90's and the easy path thru the recent WC and Euros to the semis and final there's been no progression. Backwards, sideways, whenever they play someone decent they either get found wanting or bottle it. Next year will be the exact same turgidness unless Jude carries us, or they get rid of Southgate. Abject failure awaits yet again, what will the inane excuses be this time??

Was I there in the 80s? I was born in '88 so would have been pretty difficult. Apologies for not being there aged 18 months though - disgusting, you're right.

That being said, going home and away doesn't make you an expert, as you're proving so brilliantly here. If I'd known you were an old codger, I wouldn't have bothered starting the discussion.
10:54, Tue 21 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Our Chris does love the DvB Southgate. And Watkins and Mings tbf. It’s a blind spot

Now, now; that's bait.
10:54, Tue 21 Nov
Super Hans
Oboe
You're the effin moron mate, and blinkered. Portugal never let up, France never let up in dead rubber games, if you want to be an apologist for that shite crack on. Like i wrote earlier, i used to travel home and away 80's and 90's, were you there? Doubtful. Apart from a decent spell mid 90's and the easy path thru the recent WC and Euros to the semis and final there's been no progression. Backwards, sideways, whenever they play someone decent they either get found wanting or bottle it. Next year will be the exact same turgidness unless Jude carries us, or they get rid of Southgate. Abject failure awaits yet again, what will the inane excuses be this time??

You put Germany in the same breath as France earlier in this thread, we beat them in the last Euro’s did we not? That doesn’t support your ‘whenever we play someone decent they get found wanting or bottle it’ claim.

The Dutch who you also mentioned lost to the first good team they played in the World Cup last year and Portugal who ‘never let up’ in qualifiers lost to Morocco, but at least they won a pointless game in November!

I wouldn't bother with that sort of context mate, they don't want to hear it. Let them howl at the moon about the good old days when we never used to even qualify.
11:04, Tue 21 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt
Never, ever trust a Dv B

Old team that peaked has a big drop off, that’s not really a shock.
11:06, Tue 21 Nov
Chris
Rab C Nesbitt
Our Chris does love the DvB Southgate. And Watkins and Mings tbf. It’s a blind spot

Now, now; that's bait.
Took longer than I thought 😉
Tony Fantastico
11:06, Tue 21 Nov
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt
Never, ever trust a Dv B

Old team that peaked has a big drop off, that’s not really a shock.
Nor is old team beating Southgate when it matters
Tony Fantastico
11:09, Tue 21 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Nor is old team beating Southgate when it matters

Which happens to most teams. The idea that it's only Southgate this happens to is hilarious.
The cold never bothered me anyway