23:35, Mon 20 Nov
Our gaffer is obviously a working class bloke. He’s been around football types and wealthy people for a while now though. but doesn’t mean he should be from an arrogant I am me perspective. I hope he remembers his roots and understands us Blues fans are similar to his roots and just want to win some matches. In the case of winning matches and progressing he would be a great fit if this is the case.
00:15, Tue 21 Nov
He has already considered adjustments which allays to some degree the worries of arrogance. But he needs to empathise and understand the players to get some results.
00:23, Tue 21 Nov
Trust and belive him as far as i could spit him.... nah not for me..
00:25, Tue 21 Nov
I Saw My Mate The Other Day!

He Said to Me He Saw The White Pele!

So I Asked, Who Is He?!

He Goes By The Name Of Wayne Rooney!

Wayne Rooney, Wayne Rooney!

He Goes By The Name Of Wayne Rooney!
00:28, Tue 21 Nov
2004, 6, 8. 10

We could have won the lot with the players we had.

Luck never on our side.
06:13, Tue 21 Nov
Could have been a god. Chose to be a devil.
09:18, Tue 21 Nov
Done more in his life than most and I reckon he’s enjoyed it. Fair effs to him
Tony Fantastico
09:24, Tue 21 Nov
I watched it, really enjoyed it too.

It was all about his playing career and life though, and ended at the point he retired and took over at Derby so you didn’t get much direct insight into his approach to management.

I’d sort of forgotten how good he was really. The euro 2004 clips particularly were genuinely exciting to see again even 20 years later.

In terms of personality he came across as quite likeable but that’s not surprising given it was a soapy titwank documentary. But things that also came up were his temper, supreme confidence, and the comment that he was an absolute consummate team player.

All in all, not really relevant for blues but very enjoyable- 9/10.
11:17, Tue 21 Nov
he comes across as likeable, I agree. He's a man of contrasts, for a player that was so physical and could boil over, he looks quite awkward a lot of the time and I imagine that his wife is very much the stronger of the two in terms of their dynamic. I have a lot of sympathy for him as he was thrust into the spotlight and made some bad decisions, but as the doc said, the media were just waiting to knock him down.

The only thing I don't like about him is how he's continued to make 'mistakes' well into his marriage and whilst it's none of my business, I feel for his kids having to grow up and read that your dad's been doing this or that. But all of the above doesn't impact my view on him as our manager, I don't care about his private life in that regard.
11:59, Tue 21 Nov
tebily
I feel for his kids having to grow up and read that your dad's been doing this or that.

Likewise, but it has to be said that DD court case aside, most of the time that there are stories about his behaviour in the media, they are there purely because his wife is making money from telling those stories.
12:16, Tue 21 Nov
Our gaffer is obviously a working class bloke. He’s been around football types and wealthy people for a while now though. but doesn’t mean he should be from an arrogant I am me perspective. I hope he remembers his roots and understands us Blues fans are similar to his roots and just want to win some matches. In the case of winning matches and progressing he would be a great fit if this is the case.

Did he speak about his frequent and persistent drink driving that he admitted to recently ? (and i don't mean the time he was caught doing it)
17:27, Tue 21 Nov
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerm I just dont think hes the right bloke for this club
18:10, Tue 21 Nov
Couldn't give a toss about his background. Just win some games.
08:24, Wed 22 Nov
Rags

Did he speak about his frequent and persistent drink driving that he admitted to recently ? (and i don't mean the time he was caught doing it)

He that is without sin….