09:00, Wed 22 Nov
Passed what looked like a very serious multi-vehicle accident on the Redditch bound carriageway last night 8.30 ish. Can't find any local news update .... fingers crossed for those involved.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
09:41, Wed 22 Nov
I can't see anything reported.

The issue there is when the Jn 3 traffic roundabout was upgraded in 2019 the speed limit for the first half mile of the A435 was reduced to 50mph for about the first half mile after the junction presumably to give traffic a chance to merge safely and lorries to accelerate but a lot people either aren't aware of the change or choose to ignore it so you have some traffic at 50mph and some at 70+. The speed limit is signed but I believe they could probably make it more obvious so people can't argue that they didn't know.

Mike Hailwood, the motorcycle and F1 racer, was killed on that stretch of road.

On Saturday 21 March 1981, Hailwood set off in his Rover SD1 with his children Michelle and David to collect some fish and chips. As they returned along the A435 Alcester Road through Portway, Warwickshire, near their home in Tanworth-in-Arden, a lorry made an illegal turn through the barriers onto the central reservation, and their car collided with it. Michelle, aged nine, was killed instantly. Mike and David were taken to hospital, where Mike died two days later from severe internal injuries. He was 40 years old. David survived with minor injuries. The lorry driver was fined £100.

There was also recently a serious accident between Jn 3 and the Wythall Island

[www.midlandsairambulance.com]

The A435 was made dual in the early ,70s but the amount of traffic it carries due to the M42 and the expansion of Redditch must be way up from what it was designed for. All the junctions onto/ off the road are archaic in design and not suitable for modern traffic with short acceleration/ deceleration lanes and tight turns,
12:34, Wed 22 Nov
I wasn't aware of that history but I do see people racing away from the motorway still in 70-80 mph mode.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
12:53, Wed 22 Nov
I can't see anything reported.

The issue there is when the Jn 3 traffic roundabout was upgraded in 2019 the speed limit for the first half mile of the A435 was reduced to 50mph for about the first half mile after the junction presumably to give traffic a chance to merge safely and lorries to accelerate but a lot people either aren't aware of the change or choose to ignore it so you have some traffic at 50mph and some at 70+. The speed limit is signed but I believe they could probably make it more obvious so people can't argue that they didn't know.

Mike Hailwood, the motorcycle and F1 racer, was killed on that stretch of road.

On Saturday 21 March 1981, Hailwood set off in his Rover SD1 with his children Michelle and David to collect some fish and chips. As they returned along the A435 Alcester Road through Portway, Warwickshire, near their home in Tanworth-in-Arden, a lorry made an illegal turn through the barriers onto the central reservation, and their car collided with it. Michelle, aged nine, was killed instantly. Mike and David were taken to hospital, where Mike died two days later from severe internal injuries. He was 40 years old. David survived with minor injuries. The lorry driver was fined £100.

There was also recently a serious accident between Jn 3 and the Wythall Island

[www.midlandsairambulance.com]

The A435 was made dual in the early ,70s but the amount of traffic it carries due to the M42 and the expansion of Redditch must be way up from what it was designed for. All the junctions onto/ off the road are archaic in design and not suitable for modern traffic with short acceleration/ deceleration lanes and tight turns,

When i used to drive that route fairly regularly 10 years ago i don't remember any problems on the Redditch bound side .... the junctions on and off to Portway always seemed decent in terms of length and visibility. It's coming the other way that i hated .... just as you go past GS Autos, Midland Vans and the fishing place and traffice merges from those places and shops - much too small, not enough time to get up to speed and then ... at the end of that merging part, about 30 yds before it finished, there was a friggin' lane that pulled out onto the slip/merge road