11:43, Thu 23 Nov
According to Brian Dick and Alex Dicken we will probably playing 3 at the back on Saturday (See link below). Not sure how I feel about Drameh at LWB though.

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
11:45, Thu 23 Nov
Another system?

And please God don't say Marc Roberts is starting...
11:49, Thu 23 Nov
Whilst the headline says predict I think it's just their opinion rather than a genuine prediction, they're saying what they'd pick

I think it's pretty unlikely we will start with a 3, though the 4 at the back often becomes a 3 in possession anyway (if played like we did under HE)
Happy Clapper
11:50, Thu 23 Nov
Îs Buchanan likely to be fit?

He could play left cb
11:52, Thu 23 Nov
I think 5 at the back with Buchanan and Laird seems the most sensible way to go in the long term. Dramah also would be decent a wing back and whilst not a massive fan of Longelo he mostly definitely is more a wing back than a full back.

That then allows us to have both more finesse in Sanderson and Aiwu and some brute force in Long. The concern is that unless they all know their positions (and that Sanderson and Aiwu need to become comfortable pushing into midfield) there could be a lot of puzzled faces.

It also means your midfield 3 or 4 need to be far more forward thinking. Maybe there is room for Sunjic or Belik but certainly not both. It also leaves Dembele out in the cold a bit and relies on probably Stansfield playing on his own up front.

Square pegs round holes..
11:53, Thu 23 Nov
Should just play the same team that started v Ipswich, it's the only game we've looked any good for a decent portion of the 90 minutes
11:53, Thu 23 Nov
If we're playing 3 centrebacks, then I'd rather have Bielik as the sweeper in the middle than Long.
The cold never bothered me anyway
11:56, Thu 23 Nov
If we're playing with a left wing back I'd have Longelo over Drameh, you need width and Drameh doesn't really provide it being right footed and looking to move inside frequently.

Don't think we will play with wing backs anyway mind
Happy Clapper
11:57, Thu 23 Nov
3 could work and possibly a way to get Long back in the side for his aerial ability and organisation in the central of the three with the pace of Sanderson and Aiwu either side.

Both wing backs can get forward and we still have three at the back with a screen of sunjic to make up a fourth who can cover the wings on a counter.

But it's not a system we've tried in games thus far and so I can't see it being fluid yet.

3133 in possession
532 out of possession
11:58, Thu 23 Nov
number8
Another system?

Another system after 10 days on the beach would be utter utter madness. Can’t be true
My Blue Heaven
Îs Buchanan likely to be fit?

He could play left cb

He'd be great there I think. I actually like a back 3 of Buchanan, Sanderson and Aiwu.

Laird will be a fantastic right wing back and then Drameh/Longelo would be ok the other side.

The problem with 352 is that you can't play the best player we've got- Dembele - in his proper position.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
12:21, Thu 23 Nov
According to Brian Dick and Alex Dicken we will probably playing 3 at the back on Saturday (See link below). Not sure how I feel about Drameh at LWB though.

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

Who put those planks in charge of team selection?
12:27, Thu 23 Nov
Bit worried that it means we are still firmly in the trying things out and hoping something works stage but I think our defence would be better with Long in it for his physical presence.
Ahh. Speculation.