17:53, Mon 27 Nov
Some teams in the US will be charging 100's of dollars for the teams game vs Miami to cash in on Messi.
17:59, Mon 27 Nov
Some teams in the US will be charging 100's of dollars for the teams game vs Miami to cash in on Messi.

Event tickets as a whole in the US are on a completely different level to the UK and Europe.
How dare they
18:05, Mon 27 Nov
I can believe a few people would be prepared to pay any amount to watch messi live.

I can't believe that there will be 15,000 in Columbus, Ohio.
18:17, Mon 27 Nov
You’d be surprised.
18:29, Mon 27 Nov
Event tickets as a whole in the US are on a completely different level to the UK and Europe.

..yeah close to the action tickets for the NFL are extortionate, just had a look at the Jags v Bengals game next Monday (so it will be the Monday Night Football game on prime time TV), you can sit behind the Jags Sideline for $3.5K for 2 tickets......

...you could sit up in the gods for $115 for 2 tickets if you wanted.
19:26, Mon 27 Nov
I watched cowboys giants at MetLife first game of the season and it was $160 a ticket as high as possible in the stand
19:30, Mon 27 Nov

..yeah close to the action tickets for the NFL are extortionate, just had a look at the Jags v Bengals game next Monday (so it will be the Monday Night Football game on prime time TV), you can sit behind the Jags Sideline for $3.5K for 2 tickets......

...you could sit up in the gods for $115 for 2 tickets if you wanted.

It’s not just sports. A (European) band I can watch at an arena in the UK for £50 in the standing section charge $200+ in the US purely because people can afford it.

People like to rip the piss out of the yanks for plenty of stuff but the average American has far more disposable income than a British person and they’re not scared to spend on stuff they like.

It’s what 3 decades of wage suppression in an era of large scale inflation gets you I suppose.
mad
19:32, Mon 27 Nov
Yeah I've been a complete mug and paid well over the odds for LA Rams v Cleveland Browns tickets next Sunday but can't make it now but no way will I get what I paid for it back. Probably gonna have to eat the ticket or take a near 100 quid hit on what I paid when I sell on StubHub