08:29, Tue 28 Nov
Blimey, anyone seen some of the decisions against the dog heads last night? First penalty is laughable as Semedo clearly wins the ball yet the ref isn’t even told to go to the monitor? Then Vinicius puts his head in to Kilman’s face and is only booked?

There’s only one other team I could wish it happening to but feck me, what a farce.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
08:38, Tue 28 Nov
Yeah, Kilman did Vinicius a massive favour by staying on his feet. Would have got a red otherwise and rightly so.
08:43, Tue 28 Nov
Unfortunately persuades players they should play act. It was a clear sending off.
09:05, Tue 28 Nov
I could sort out VAR in an instant.

Offsides - All reviewed by technology. Linespersons call based on an agreed margin of error either way. That eradicates those calls that are ruled offside by a little toe.

Penalties and Red Card offences. Each team have 2 refer to VAR's called only by either the captain or manager, like with cricket only a short amount of time post incident to make a VAR referral otherwise it is tough. VAR officials have, let's say up to 5 views of incident, all in real time, no super slow mo and only if there is a clear and obvious error is it overturned. Then the VAR announce the decision, none of this stupid going back to the monitor rubbish and letting the ref have a look.

Any decision about whether balls have cross the line - We have goal line tech for that which seems to work well.

Then if a decision is ruled in the favour of the team making the VAR call they retain their review, if not then they lose it.

In my mind that would make the Southampton non-penalty we had a clear review by Rooney and a clear overturn. It probably means that the WBA decision is kept as a penalty because after 5 real time views it isn't a clear and obvious mistake on field by the ref. Simple!
10:10, Tue 28 Nov
A start would be for them to be transparent and play the audio live. Why do they have to shroud it in mystery? Just let us hear your real-time justifications for decisions made.
10:11, Tue 28 Nov
[www.skysports.com]

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Towards the end of the bbc one he says that the referee said it wasn't a red card because it wasn't enough of a headbutt.

🤔🤔
11:02, Tue 28 Nov
[www.skysports.com]

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Towards the end of the bbc one he says that the referee said it wasn't a red card because it wasn't enough of a headbutt.

🤔🤔

I might be misremembering but I swear they outlined what constitutes a headbutt not too long ago. Putting your forehead on an opposing player isn't a headbutt but it becomes one as soon as you move your head forwards after it's made contact.

ie, squaring up face to face isn't one but it's a red card if one of the players pushes the other one with his forehead.
13:04, Tue 28 Nov
Super Hans
Blimey, anyone seen some of the decisions against the dog heads last night? First penalty is laughable as Semedo clearly wins the ball yet the ref isn’t even told to go to the monitor? Then Vinicius puts his head in to Kilman’s face and is only booked?

There’s only one other team I could wish it happening to but feck me, what a farce.

The thing that annoyed me last night (and I know I shouldn't get annoyed about the Wolves losing) was that for the two Fulham penalties the VAR ref kept playing the wrong angle on the replays even when better angles were available. For the first one he wasn't looking at the obvious angle that showed the Dingle getting the ball. Then for the second one he kept showing the ref the angle that looked like it might have been a foul but didn't show the angle where it clearly showed there had been no contact. It was almost like he was trying to justify giving penalties rather than not
13:10, Tue 28 Nov
Have to admit that no one has been affected as by badly by VAR than Wolves this season, feels like every game they play they are robbed by the officials
13:32, Tue 28 Nov
Newbs
Super Hans

The thing that annoyed me last night (and I know I shouldn't get annoyed about the Wolves losing) was that for the two Fulham penalties the VAR ref kept playing the wrong angle on the replays even when better angles were available. For the first one he wasn't looking at the obvious angle that showed the Dingle getting the ball. Then for the second one he kept showing the ref the angle that looked like it might have been a foul but didn't show the angle where it clearly showed there had been no contact. It was almost like he was trying to justify giving penalties rather than not
I have to point out getting the ball doesn’t matter. You can still foul a player.
Like Romero’s red card v Chelsea
Tony Fantastico
13:40, Tue 28 Nov
Sure but Romero's was for following through afterwards I think. This wasn't like that
13:41, Tue 28 Nov
Thought the first pen once it was given wouldn’t be reversed. By the same logic perhaps the second shouldn’t have been subject to intervention? The head butt was a joke though and will encourage play acting, it was a clear sending off. Ream should probably have gone once that was pen was given too (which it was). I thought O’Neil though obviously upset and annoyed handled it pretty well given how much Wolves have been hard done by. Though of course that’s also hilarious.
13:57, Tue 28 Nov
Brad1875
Have to admit that no one has been affected as by badly by VAR than Wolves this season, feels like every game they play they are robbed by the officials

Great isn’t it 😁
14:15, Tue 28 Nov
Newbs
Sure but Romero's was for following through afterwards I think. This wasn't like that
It’s still catching a player after getting the ball. Getting the ball isn’t a get out of jail free card anymore.
Tony Fantastico
14:40, Tue 28 Nov
I thought the correct calls were penalty, penalty, no red card, no penalty.
It's only the last decision that was really questionable.

For the first penalty he tripped the Fulham player and stopped him getting to the ball. That the defender had played the ball first is irrelevant. It ran on and the forward would have got it but for the trip.
I thought the W***** penalty was quite soft. He went down very easily.
There's a bit of contact, but it's not a headbutt. There is no force involved. It's not dangerous. It's closer to a kiss than violence. The dingle could have prevented a confrontation by not standing over the Fulham player as he was getting up. I'd probably book both for adopting an aggressive attitude or just tell them not to be stupid. People seem to lose all sense of proportion over the slightest face to face contact.

The last penalty was an odd decision by VAR. It seemed fairly clear the defender didn't deliberately trip him and that Wilson was running for the outstretched leg not the ball. I thought this was the sort of soft call the Howard Webb had told VAR not to make. Yes there was a bit of contact, but Wilson was looking to go down.

So I'd ay 3 of 4 calls right and the other one VATR has not followed the current guidance. But even then it is a judgement. It's not 100% clear that VAR was wrong. Though Wilson is rthe soert to make the most of a tiny bit of contact he has caused.

I athink W***** have only had one really bad VAR call this season. That was the penalty not given at Old Trafford. The other decisions while not perfect have all been within the margin of error,