08:30, Tue 28 Nov
On Monday evening Birmingham City held their inaugural Open House session, outlining future strategy to more than 100 fans present. Various senior management staff gave talks on how departments were looking to progress following the takeover by Knighthead, while Club Chairman Tom Wagner and Garry Co

[almajir.net]
08:49, Tue 28 Nov
Brilliant to hear Dan. This shows the new owners are light years ahead of BSHL.
09:04, Tue 28 Nov
The overwhelming feedback from everyone lucky enough to attend seems very positive. If you would have asked any fan 18 months ago what was going on at the club we wouldn’t have had a clue. We all just need a bit of patience (easier said than done) and to get behind the team imo.
09:16, Tue 28 Nov
I listened to the start and heard from Tom Wagner which was very positive and honest as he was disappointed with the stadium against Hull (which still embarrasses me).

Gary Cook was next and although repeated himself a few times was resilient in the fact that for us to move forward and change the whole culture of the club.... (Not the Fans) then we have to trust in them, as they are here to succeed and commercial activity which brings revenue will help them achieve their goal.

I'm pretty bored with the Eustace/Rooney debate to be honest, we need to move on.

As I have said before lets give Rooney a chance and if it doesn't work then they will change him..........simple as that.
09:37, Tue 28 Nov
There's a number of debates that have become tedious on here since Rooney took over.

Good stuff Dan. Look forward to reading the follow up pieces. Reading some of the summaries on Twitter has been really exciting and it's good to hear that you came away feeling like Rooney has a tangible plan.
09:51, Tue 28 Nov
Was a very interesting and informative night and a hell of a lot to take in, I went away feeling very positive that we have a lot of exceptionally competent and experienced people now heading up key parts of the club, the infrastructure fella Nick Smith was very impressive, we are lucky to have some of these people working for our club.
Happy Clapper
09:51, Tue 28 Nov
Thanks Dan.
10:15, Tue 28 Nov
Does anyone know if Neil Moxley was there? Looked to me like Cook offered a slight dig at the media in the little bit that I saw.
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
10:16, Tue 28 Nov
Didn't see him thee, 99% certain he wasn't
Happy Clapper
10:19, Tue 28 Nov
Le Mod
Was a very interesting and informative night and a hell of a lot to take in, I went away feeling very positive that we have a lot of exceptionally competent and experienced people now heading up key parts of the club, the infrastructure fella Nick Smith was very impressive, we are lucky to have some of these people working for our club.

This is exciting, points totally at new stadium/campus as I think you have mentioned. It's incredibly exciting times for our football club, as Rooney said in the initial presser, could be one of the stories in football over the next decade.
10:21, Tue 28 Nov
jefflynneshair
Does anyone know if Neil Moxley was there? Looked to me like Cook offered a slight dig at the media in the little bit that I saw.
That was aimed specifically at Moxley. And good that it was. His criticism turned into lies and personal bias. The pratt
Tony Fantastico
10:24, Tue 28 Nov
Haircut1000
This shows the new owners are light years ahead of BSHL.

Understatement of the year.
10:27, Tue 28 Nov
Le Mod
Has going last night got you more positive and on board or no change?
Tony Fantastico
mad
10:32, Tue 28 Nov
Bucket 1 for me. Not sure how any Blues fan could be bucket 2 let alone bucket 3 after what we've had the last twelve seasons
10:34, Tue 28 Nov
Knightead wise I've always been 100% on board and buzzing, and I'm even more buzzing after last night, the future is incredibly bright

Rooney wise.. he did speak far more concisely, confidently and coherently, it was noticeable that there were zero erms, or pauses, or looks away, it must be a tv camera thing. What he said and showed was very good, and made sense, my gripe would be what he showed and said is not necessarily what we have been trying to do every game (Southampton we went long ball and 451 for example), so I would have been more enthused if I had seen us trying the same things each game and could see that we were sticking to these principles, it does feel like we've chopped and changed a lot and not embedded anything, yet.

The plans and principles are sound, I remain undecided that he is the man to implement them effectively, but hopefully in time he gets it right, fair play to him for fronting up.
Happy Clapper