15:50, Tue 28 Nov
[x.com]
Beautiful and so sad.
You can’t not shed a tear
Tony Fantastico
Over the "Rainbow Bridge"

Just proves, it is not the breed, but the owners who are the problem....
16:25, Tue 28 Nov
[x.com]
Beautiful and so sad.

One of the hardest things that I've ever had to deal with was when my dog was put down whilst I was at work and I couldn't get away. Massive sense of hopelessness and sorrow which I still feel now sometimes even though it was the best part of 10 years ago now. Me and the Mrs have our own little daft bastard dog now and she has made my life immeasurably better in the short year and a half we've had her.

Just proves, it is not the breed, but the owners who are the problem....

This is nonsense but it isn't the thread for that discussion.
Tam
16:32, Tue 28 Nov
Thanks for sharing that, Rab. I've stayed away, more or less, for a few days, whilst the various rows die down about who should feck off to villa Park, etc.

Obviously, that's a dog that ended up with a very happy life and being loved, which is how it should be.

I lost my Kenny 13 months ago, and can't get over it. Truth be told, I don't want to get over it. I miss the daft mutt every second of every day, but that's just the flip side of the coin. The other side, of course, is the absolute joy and friendship that they give you and the reward in seeing him go from a terrified, disturbed unwanted dog, to being king of the castle, a properly cool dude and a dog that made everybody smile.

They break your heart in the end, but what a lovely time we had.
Make Blues Great Again
16:37, Tue 28 Nov
Tam
I hope the time soon comes where you feel you can get another to improve their life. There’s loads out there waiting for a daft sod like you to dote on them mate
Tony Fantastico
Tam
16:59, Tue 28 Nov
Thanks - it's the same for dog lovers everywhere, I guess. I was butler and carer to my last two in particular and stayed at home to look after them. I neglected other things, and right now am trying to catch up on them. I'm firmly of the 'rescue dog' mindset, but it's a little different at the moment as we look after our two year old grandson on Thursdays and Fridays, and really need to careful in the regard. Added to that, we're going to be grandparents to twins as well soon!

If I'm honest, I'm appreciating the extra time that it gives me at the moment, and I don't like saying that, but it's giving me a bit of breathing space. I'm sure that I'll take on another daft mutt one day - it's not the heartbreak that stops me. I can live with that, because it isn't important in the grand scheme of things.
Make Blues Great Again
17:20, Tue 28 Nov
Tam
Congratulations on the forthcoming twins as well mate
Tony Fantastico
17:26, Tue 28 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
[x.com]
Beautiful and so sad.

So sad when the time comes to say goodby but, if we didn’t have the goodbye bit, we wouldn’t have had the many years of happiness first.

I’m just going off to dry my eyes 😢
Tam
17:35, Tue 28 Nov
BluenoseMo
Rab C Nesbitt
[x.com]
Beautiful and so sad.

So sad when the time comes to say goodby but, if we didn’t have the goodbye bit, we wouldn’t have had the many years of happiness first.

I’m just going off to dry my eyes 😢

That’s it Mo. If you're not devastated at losing them, you haven't loved them enough, and who on earth wants that?
Make Blues Great Again
20:15, Tue 28 Nov
Tam
Got our boy just over three years ago as a puppy. 1st dog I've ever had and he's ace.

I'm gonna be devastated when he goes but hopefully that's a good few years off yet.
20:55, Tue 28 Nov
That got me. I’m dreading the day i have to say goodbye to my boy stan 😢
21:29, Tue 28 Nov
I can't watch it.

Alfie Cocker, as he's known on his Facebook page, is now 10 1/2. He's still a loon, and leaps around like he's a puppy. But when he was a puppy, he never stopped until it was time for some sleep. Nowadays, he stops after about a minute. He has dodgy rotten teeth and I need to get him insured again and get them sorted. He has started getting anxiety sometimes when we are out and people knock on the door, binmen come etc., but he loves everyone he ever meets. The day he goes over rainbow bridge - I'll be devastated.
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates

7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
14 September - Castlemeads Court Retirement Village, Gloucester
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield