17:33, Tue 28 Nov
Mrs has just dropped it on me that due to the train strike she will want the car on Saturday to go and watch, wait for it...Donny bastard Osmond.

This means that I will have to come down in my work van, no great value to it and nothing nickable, but I'd prefer it if it didn't get broken into.

Is there a secure parking facility, happy to pay a couple of quid.
17:35, Tue 28 Nov
Multi storey Millenium Point.
18:42, Tue 28 Nov
Cheers for that, definitely an option, anywhere nearer the ground please.
18:53, Tue 28 Nov
Bordesley Green Girls College, £5. Easy to get away from 5 minutes to the ground.
18:59, Tue 28 Nov
Church between Roost and ground on Cattell road is a fiver.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
19:01, Tue 28 Nov
Glad you asked. There was a secure parking place on Arthur St right by the ground which I used but they have stopped doing it. The traffic and parking around the ground seems to have been a lot worse than usual for last Saturday and the Ipswich game. Not sure why.
19:06, Tue 28 Nov
sheffield blue
Mrs has just dropped it on me that due to the train strike she will want the car on Saturday to go and watch, wait for it...Donny bastard Osmond.

This means that I will have to come down in my work van, no great value to it and nothing nickable, but I'd prefer it if it didn't get broken into.

Is it not just East Midlands Trains that aren’t running?
West Miss seem to be mostly ok
19:24, Tue 28 Nov
So here goes…‘she’s leaving it all up to you’
And ‘are you lonesome tonight’
I bet you wanted to ‘ make the world go away’
But it’s for ‘ one night only’…
Sorry mate😳
19:37, Tue 28 Nov
sheffield blue

Why don’t you just put a sticker on it saying ‘this van contains only Donny Osmond memorabilia’ - that should keep it safe!
19:47, Tue 28 Nov
sheffield blue

Is it not just East Midlands Trains that aren’t running?
West Miss seem to be mostly ok

East Mids Trains (no service at all) and LNER (heavily reduced service Kings Cross to Leeds/Edinburgh only) are the only two on strike on Saturday.

Donny Osmond is playing in Nottingham that day and Sheffield to Nottingham is the mainline for East Midlands Trains (Cross Country and Northern run that route too but trains which do run will be busy and subject to late notice cancellations, I certainly wouldn’t be travelling by train that day in that area).

The other operators will be subject to an overtime ban by the workers and it will affect each operator differently. Northern, Chiltern, Transpennine, and Cross Vpuntry are the most unreliable when under an overtime ban.

West Midlands Railway will be striking on Sunday the 3rd with no service at all. The other days between the 1st and 9th there will be no service on the Leamington-Cov-Nuneaton route and the New Street-Hereford and Shrewsbury routes will see roughly half the usual amount of trains all week.

Expect late notice cancellations on any West Mids route all week as it’ll all depend on who turns up for work tbh but the code Cross City, Airport and Snow Hill routes should be mostly fine
21:29, Tue 28 Nov
West Midlands saved me today, double cancellation on the Avanti to Euston this morning so had to trundle down on the WM.

On thr way back Avanti didn’t t have a platform at New St and was stuck at International but was able to get on the WM to Rugeley from International.

Generally the service on WM is pretty bad when I use the cross city line with it being routinely late but they get a free pass after today
My mate can look after it for ya.
Formerly Man Lyk GroundShare and Man Lyk GroundRepair.
21:51, Tue 28 Nov
The information is very sketchy, we actually went into the station today to try and get some clarity, the ticket man said it would be a northern train which only has two carriages and subject to cancellation, this is bad enough not to mention getting home from Notts late in the evening.
Man Lyk GroundRepair
My mate can look after it for ya.

How would that work?