21:50, Wed 29 Nov
Watch Blackburn Rovers Sammie Szmodics fool the keep TWICE to put his side 2-0 up against Birmingham City

[www.skysports.com]
00:13, Thu 30 Nov
I'm trying to understand what Aiwu was doing for the second goal - he looks almost as if he stops running with Szmodics and changes direction because he thinks he can play him offside as he's the last man? It just doesn't make sense though. Surely he also knows that if he doesn't make it then Szmodics is left one on one with the keeper and he's already chipped him not long before that for the previous goal.

He was running with him and was goalside and if he just carried on doing that, then Szmodics would have to beat him or do something special to score. But because he stops tracking him and runs in the other direction Szmodics is one on one and has a relatively easy goal.

Can anyone else tell me what they think Aiwu was thinking/doing when he changed direction? And while we're at it how did Sanderson end up in no man's land when the player he's closest to has two other players closing him down? That player just plays the assist and none of the three even try to put a foot in.
00:31, Thu 30 Nov
He obviously tried to play him off. Looked quite close to me but would need to see a better angle.

Similarly with the first one my first instinct was offside but the camera was on it late so couldn’t really tell.

Think a cuter defender could have caught him both times.
shd
00:38, Thu 30 Nov
WR Blue
I'm trying to understand what Aiwu was doing for the second goal - he looks almost as if he stops running with Szmodics and changes direction because he thinks he can play him offside as he's the last man? It just doesn't make sense though. Surely he also knows that if he doesn't make it then Szmodics is left one on one with the keeper and he's already chipped him not long before that for the previous goal.

He was running with him and was goalside and if he just carried on doing that, then Szmodics would have to beat him or do something special to score. But because he stops tracking him and runs in the other direction Szmodics is one on one and has a relatively easy goal.

Can anyone else tell me what they think Aiwu was thinking/doing when he changed direction? And while we're at it how did Sanderson end up in no man's land when the player he's closest to has two other players closing him down? That player just plays the assist and none of the three even try to put a foot in.

I see nothing in Aiwu whatsoever, absolutely nothing
01:03, Thu 30 Nov
shd
For the second goal both Sanderson and Buchanan ain't tight enough.
Their player assist has all the time and space in the world to turn and deliver his pass to the goalscorer. That's so effing sloppy !
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
01:36, Thu 30 Nov
For the 2nd, I think Aiwu stopped tracking the player, realised what was happening, then tried to play for offside, but was too late.
07:00, Thu 30 Nov
It was downright lazy defending. And unfortunately Sanderson and Aiwu are both guilty of this. Bielek is also guilty of this throughout the game but it is less noticeable because we still have defenders behind him.