05:34, Thu 30 Nov
Lots said very good save but if we carry him for large parts and he doesn’t score that, he can’t play before Hogan or Burke. A shame but very true
Tony Fantastico
05:42, Thu 30 Nov
Yep totally agree.

Starting with him is like being a man down. As poor as Hogan has been he can press & worry defenders.
Really confused at to why Juke started.
05:56, Thu 30 Nov
johnnyspex
Yep totally agree.

Starting with him is like being a man down. As poor as Hogan has been he can press & worry defenders.
Really confused at to why Juke started.

It was obvious from the start that the initial plan was for Ruddy to launch it to Juke and stop playing from the back.
07:36, Thu 30 Nov
Which given the availability of resources isn’t the worst idea

Hes clearly seen a bit of Hogan and realised he’s awful, and was resting Burke for Saturday
07:41, Thu 30 Nov
Iain_Gavin

Hes clearly seen a bit of Hogan and realised he’s awful, and was resting Burke for Saturday

I promised not to criticise Hogan again but would anyone else like to comment on his effort to gain/retain possession in their half that allowed them to break and ultimately score their fourth ?
07:43, Thu 30 Nov
I thought Juke was pretty good in the first half, and was integral to many of the good things we did in that spell when we were on top.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
07:57, Thu 30 Nov
Juke yesterday - 32 touches (4 in the box), 5 passes in final third, 1 chance created, 2 shots on target

Burke Saturday - 20 touches (2 in box) 0 passes in final third, 0 chances created or shots

I am not defending Juke because his stats are abject but they are still better than Burke (and I suspect on a par with Hogan). A Striker as we know is such a necessity.
08:32, Thu 30 Nov
Was a decent save but he should finish that, having said that i'd rather Juke than Hogan/Burke from what i've seen lately.
08:43, Thu 30 Nov
johnthefence
Iain_Gavin

I promised not to criticise Hogan again but would anyone else like to comment on his effort to gain/retain possession in their half that allowed them to break and ultimately score their fourth ?

Hogan would be about sixth in line for responsibility for that final goal.

Just watched it again and the manner in which Blackburn came down our right before coming inside and finishing with ease made it abundantly clear that certain players do not merit the generally positive reputations they enjoy on here.

But as long as Hogan is there some will be happy to blame him.
08:46, Thu 30 Nov
I know I was watching through teary eyes but I cant remember Hogan actually touching the ball.
08:47, Thu 30 Nov
Just a good save and sometimes the keeper gets lucky wit a point blank.
Juke didn’t do much wrong.
08:47, Thu 30 Nov
Yeah, I said that.

I love Juke - but, that's a perfect cross right in his wheelhouse. If he's not burying that you can't really have him in the team.
08:51, Thu 30 Nov
GBlue
I know I was watching through teary eyes but I cant remember Hogan actually touching the ball.

And I can't recall Burke ever passing to a teammate.

But what have either of those got to do with our pathetic defending or Juke's failure with his big chance?
08:57, Thu 30 Nov
GBlue

He was involved with the second goal wasn’t he?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
09:07, Thu 30 Nov
johnthefence
Iain_Gavin

According to many on FB, Rooney's to blame for that too.