21:21, Thu 30 Nov
Thanks for the info Rags. I remember this issue being talked about on here and twitter recently when BCC first declared "bankruptcy" and my heart sank a bit. Things never run smoothly for Blues do they? However, shaking the "typical Blues" mindset we have to hope Knighthead are still able acquire the site wheels site + surrounding area at a price that makes the business case work. It is still a buyer's market after all.

Do you have any idea on the valuation of the Wheels site? That'd tell us how much bigger the outlay would now be for Knighthead Vs the original "land swap" plan.
Formerly Man Lyk GroundShare and Man Lyk GroundRepair.
This is where Street needs to earn his money.

Surely it’s not hard to explain the massive central government tax intake loss from such a large capital expenditure not going ahead on the site and look to off set somehow to recompense BCC on their books ?
21:58, Thu 30 Nov
With reference to the St Andrews site the Council still have to provide additional housing to meet government targets. Nothing is joined up anymore.

Governments a shambles about time there was more regional autonomy.
22:16, Thu 30 Nov
CastleBlue
The problem with any site around that area is the actual area itself. It's a shithole. The locations not that bad in terms of near the city centre.

I agree. I think we should build it in the Peak District or where they filmed The Darling Buds of May.

🤣🤣🤣
22:20, Thu 30 Nov
St Andrews would be worth at least 1m per acre as urban logistics site. No idea how many acres it is.
22:30, Thu 30 Nov
St Andrews would be worth at least 1m per acre as urban logistics site. No idea how many acres it is.

No idea mate but with all this cold weather I’ve got a couple of achers myself 🥶
22:52, Thu 30 Nov
But isn’t that the role of the Mayor ?. To sit outside BCC but liaise with central government?

I agree with your central point but this shouldn’t be beyond the wit of any elected officials to see that such large scale capital expenditure brings a huge tax intake both in its construction, and tax intake thereafter construction…….. i
23:06, Thu 30 Nov
bluedan

23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
23:12, Thu 30 Nov
According to this story... an offer to buy the site (not Blues) has recently been turned down (by "the Council" - not commissioners) - because the offer wasn't high enough.

He wanted to resurrect something like Birmingham Wheels and other sports and wasn’t ruling out Blues being part of it.

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
00:07, Fri 1 Dec
With reference to the St Andrews site the Council still have to provide additional housing to meet government targets. Nothing is joined up anymore.

Governments a shambles about time there was more regional autonomy.

This is indicative of so much of what is now wrong with the way the UK works. I'm involved in so many sectors now at so many levels - i'm the bloke in the corner who at the end of the meetings they go "right - that's that - send it all to Rags and he'll make it work" ... or "Rags, find a problem in that for me" .... and nothing is joined up anymore. Everything is in survival mode just trying to make their own little part work without reference to knock on effects and without reference to origins. It's like everyone is sitting in their own space never considering how things get to their door, or where it goes when it leaves their door .. we're all just managing to manage solely what is in front of us
00:07, Fri 1 Dec
According to this story... an offer to buy the site (not Blues) has recently been turned down (by "the Council" - not commissioners) - because the offer wasn't high enough.

He wanted to resurrect something like Birmingham Wheels and other sports and wasn’t ruling out Blues being part of it.

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

As he was told ... you can't buy something that's not for sale.
07:11, Fri 1 Dec
bluedan

About 7
08:22, Fri 1 Dec
Agree with that.

Lot's of little empire builders looking after their own turf was my experience before i recently retired.

My view re the Wheels

- If a site purchase can be negotiated then it needs to be back to back with planning approval on St Andrews. This would enable us to use St Andrews whilst construction of a new stadium was undertaken.
- Once a move to the new stadium was made then it enables St Andrews to be sold with planning.
- The levelling up fund monies (17m?) need to be built into the deal.

However, the other issue I see is the surrounding infrastructure / access / transport costs associated with the scheme and who pays. Mr Street likes to spend tax payers money so worth keeping him on side.

It will take first class property professionals to negotiate this and i suspect our owners have this in hand.

Meanwhile we need to start winning reguarly.
12:39, Fri 1 Dec
There won’t be anyone else but knighthead that get this land.