17:12, Sat 2 Dec
Hello again
17:16, Sat 2 Dec
There’s a lot of time for lots of things to change so let’s see.
But, unless there are severe improvements, we will be in a battle, absolutely.
It’s effin annoying.
17:18, Sat 2 Dec
Yep and the next five are;

Coventry A
Cardiff A
Leicester H
Plymouth A
Stoke H
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
17:18, Sat 2 Dec
Cov next Fri followed by Leicester, could be within 3 or 4 points by then.
17:21, Sat 2 Dec
With the current squad we should be doing better. After such a positive start its really disappointing to be in this position again. We always seem to perform poorly in December. We will make some good loan signings in January. If there is still little improvement Rooney will be under pressure.
17:21, Sat 2 Dec
I’d say will be on current evidence. Cardiff away in between too. I’d predict zero points.
Quite happy to be proved wrong, but we are all over the place defensively and lack composure in the final third. I can’t see any signs of improvement and that’s the worry.
Let's hope they are wise enough to write in relegation clauses of any new players they sign in January, if it does become a battle for the rest of the season..
17:22, Sat 2 Dec
I cant see where the 50 points come from tbh.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
17:23, Sat 2 Dec
Not quite a relegation battle just yet but...

1 win in 8.
6 losses.
4 points from a possible 24.
Playing football that the squad can't accommodate that has the occasional splash of good football with large dollops of crap football.
It's all starting to feel a little Zola.

It was supposed to get better once we got to the likes of Sheff Utd and Rotherham and we could write off the big hitters... Do we write off Coventry and Leicester?

I think we'll be fine in terms of relegation but I thought Rooney's appointment was a mistake and 8 matches in I've not changed my mind.
17:24, Sat 2 Dec
We won't be in a relegation battle. It'll either improve under Rooney or it'll improve under someone else. Knighthead said they wouldn't have bought the club if we were in League 1 so they aren't going to sit around and allow us to get relegated with a squad that is more than capable of a mid-table finish.

I'm still in the "Rooney can turn this around" camp but today was worrying. Juke's offside goal came from James turning quickly and making a decisive run forwards but for the rest of the game, there was none of that... Everyone looked like they just wanted to make a safe pass rather than trying to cause Rotherham problems and when we did get the ball into a decent position, the final ball was awful - poor by non-league standards.

It'll be interesting to hear what Rooney has to say about it and whether he's happy or not because that wasn't good.
17:27, Sat 2 Dec
I never went today I'm know holiday, but the sky reporter commented on Rooneys lack of movement on the bench. Just sitting there were his words.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
17:27, Sat 2 Dec
BlueSteve
With the current squad we should be doing better. After such a positive start its really disappointing to be in this position again. We always seem to perform poorly in December. We will make some good loan signings in January. If there is still little improvement Rooney will be under pressure.

We've seen that average managers can get a tune out of these players. What concerns me is that Rooney can't even do that and consequently I don't know if I can forsee it getting any better even if he does bring his own new players in. It's all very well saying that stats show that this is the type of football that gets teams out of the championship, but there are many different factors that go into moulding a group of players into a cohesive team that can outplay others at this level and win more than they lose.

The proof is in the pudding and this pudding is awful.
17:28, Sat 2 Dec
Nil poi
17:29, Sat 2 Dec
Aiwu is awful
17:36, Sat 2 Dec
bluer than blues
Not quite a relegation battle just yet but...

1 win in 8.
6 losses.
4 points from a possible 24.
Playing football that the squad can't accommodate that has the occasional splash of good football with large dollops of crap football.
It's all starting to feel a little Zola.

It was supposed to get better once we got to the likes of Sheff Utd and Rotherham and we could write off the big hitters... Do we write off Coventry and Leicester?

I think we'll be fine in terms of relegation but I thought Rooney's appointment was a mistake and 8 matches in I've not changed my mind.

5 losses, 5 points
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023