J_D
18:13, Sat 2 Dec
If you could change/implement anything realistically on the pitch that you feel could push this team forward, what would it be?

For me, it would be -

1. Build the team around Jordan James. He quite simply needs to be at the heart of this midfield. For me, he gets involved in those couple of breaks we had finds a decent pass

2. Bring a young, 'comfortable with the ball at his feet' keeper in January. For me, this is financially viable (Sarkic who I really rated cost Millwall £1.2m)

3. Bring in a hidden gem of a striker on loan who Rooney can mould into something special. If I was a young striker in the lower leagues and I had the chance to work under Rooney, this would be too much of a good opportunity to turn down

What say you?
18:14, Sat 2 Dec
J_D
Keeper, 2 centre backs and a striker

And if that doesn’t work, a new manager

And if that doesn’t work a new CEO
18:16, Sat 2 Dec
J_D
If you could change/implement anything realistically on the pitch that you feel could push this team forward, what would it be?

For me, it would be -

3. Bring in a hidden gem of a striker on loan who Rooney can mould into something special. If I was a young striker in the lower leagues and I had the chance to work under Rooney, this would be too much of a good opportunity to turn down

What say you?

... in theory, obviously you are right on point 3. The appeal for a younger striker, in theory, to be improved by a great striker like Rooney should be attractive.

.... but then someone wise might have a word in that striker's ear and say - "have you any evidence that Rooney can actually improve strikers ?"
18:17, Sat 2 Dec
J_D
1. Sack Rooney
2. Appoint Eustace
3. Go back to the formation and style of play that got us into 6th and build from there 🤦‍♂️
J_D
18:20, Sat 2 Dec
Rags

For me, it would be -

What say you?

... in theory, obviously you are right on point 3. The appeal for a younger striker, in theory, to be improved by a great striker like Rooney should be attractive.

.... but then someone wise might have a word in that striker's ear and say - "have you any evidence that Rooney can actually improve strikers ?"

Good point.

I do think from just experience alone he could offer young strikers some brilliant advice

Strikers arguably have the easiest job on the pitch and we saw what Beattie did with Che in terms of little tweaks to his game
18:36, Sat 2 Dec
J_D
1 Leadership
2 Character
3 Personality

This team are a bunch of wet lettuces and have been for a number of seasons. GR brought in Morrison and Davies and while they were'nt the most technically blessed they stood up to be counted. This lot are lacking personal pride, all waiting for someone else to take the initiative. Far too much made of tactics and formations, if theres no heart in the team you're only going one way.

Rooney had all of these in spades, hopefully he won't let this lot drag him down to theit level.
18:40, Sat 2 Dec
This lot that were 6th before he took over
18:46, Sat 2 Dec
Bluelube64
1 Leadership
2 Character
3 Personality

This team are a bunch of wet lettuces and have been for a number of seasons. GR brought in Morrison and Davies and while they were'nt the most technically blessed they stood up to be counted. This lot are lacking personal pride, all waiting for someone else to take the initiative. Far too much made of tactics and formations, if theres no heart in the team you're only going one way.

Rooney had all of these in spades, hopefully he won't let this lot drag him down to theit level.

Whilst I agree with most of that , we more or less had cleared out the chief culprits before the season started, Dean, Colin, Pederson… Roberts not getting many starts so either it’s something players can catch like a cold or we just keep getting players with no bottle .
18:52, Sat 2 Dec
#DingDong
1. Sack Rooney
2. Appoint Eustace
3. Go back to the formation and style of play that got us into 6th and build from there 🤦‍♂️

This. Pay Eustace Rooneys money.
18:55, Sat 2 Dec
Sack Rooney
See Above
See Above
18:57, Sat 2 Dec
Meadey
Bluelube64
1 Leadership
2 Character
3 Personality

Whilst I agree with most of that , we more or less had cleared out the chief culprits before the season started, Dean, Colin, Pederson… Roberts not getting many starts so either it’s something players can catch like a cold or we just keep getting players with no bottle .

I'm not saying this lot are bad eggs or even that they are bad footballers in the main, they just to lack something. When I played every game was a personal battle against the lad I lined up against, that was more important to me than the result. I just don't see that determination in our players abd haven't for a while.
18:57, Sat 2 Dec
#DingDong
1. Sack Rooney
2. Appoint Eustace
This!!!
18:59, Sat 2 Dec
Docky91
#DingDong
1. Sack Rooney
2. Appoint Eustace

Where is all this money going to come from if you want these done..??? P&S is close to the wire already
19:07, Sat 2 Dec
Partisan Blues Fan
Docky91
#DingDong
1. Sack Rooney
2. Appoint Eustace

Where is all this money going to come from if you want these done..??? P&S is close to the wire already

I mean this is far cheaper than buying a new team that can play ‘Rooneys System’ don’t you agree?
19:07, Sat 2 Dec
Recruit players with the surname 'Shelby'!