22:06, Sat 2 Dec
I sat in the main stand today. Listened to Cook’s comments about increasing revenue being the number one priority for the club which it is for any business. This isn’t revelational insight. I have never experienced such inept service than I had today in the main stand. It wasn’t busy and yet the hospitality staff had no clue how to serve, I had to explain what a beef pasty was to then be told they didn’t have any… I then had to point at one and was eventually served the same pasty they claimed they didn’t have. A simple red wine confused the guy serving me. The card machines went down slowing the service even further. When you’re serving up such dire football with a manager that very few believed in from the outset and the results are poor, you’ve got to get your operations right in other areas. I saw none of that today and was very disappointed all round with the match day experience. For all the investment and bluster and pyrotechnics before the game, I don’t feel the CEO is very close to what’s happening on the floor. Sort it out Gary as people are already voting with their feet. Revenue will go in the opposite direction if this continues on and off the pitch.
Sorry. No one should be drinking red wine at the football
Tha Project OBE
Sorry. No one should be drinking red wine at the football
you bastard.
Tony Fantastico
22:09, Sat 2 Dec
NorthernBlue
I sat in the main stand today. Listened to Cook’s comments about increasing revenue being the number one priority for the club which it is for any business. This isn’t revelational insight. I have never experienced such inept service than I had today in the main stand. It wasn’t busy and yet the hospitality staff had no clue how to serve, I had to explain what a beef pasty was to then be told they didn’t have any… I then had to point at one and was eventually served the same pasty they claimed they didn’t have. A simple red wine confused the guy serving me. The card machines went down slowing the service even further. When you’re serving up such dire football with a manager that very few believed in from the outset and the results are poor, you’ve got to get your operations right in other areas. I saw none of that today and was very disappointed all round with the match day experience. For all the investment and bluster and pyrotechnics before the game, I don’t feel the CEO is very close to what’s happening on the floor. Sort it out Gary as people are already voting with their feet. Revenue will go in the opposite direction if this continues on and off the pitch.
It’s your accent
Tony Fantastico
22:14, Sat 2 Dec
LOL. Maybe. My points remain though. I’m travelling 200 mile round trips to see that. I did it for 25 years as an ST holder (not a ST holder anymore) and can safely say it was better under the gold / Sullivan / Brady era. The notion that a few new food trucks outside the ground improve the match day experience is just nonsense.
Better than the piss tasting lager that is served up. When will football stadiums catch on to serving real ale that tastes of something other than piss?? The argument that it takes too long to serve us nil and void based on my experiences today…
22:17, Sat 2 Dec
NorthernBlue
LOL. Maybe. My points remain though. I’m travelling 200 mile round trips to see that. I did it for 25 years as an ST holder (not a ST holder anymore) and can safely say it was better under the gold / Sullivan / Brady era. The notion that a few new food trucks outside the ground improve the match day experience is just nonsense.
Be patient it’s still early days
Tony Fantastico
22:18, Sat 2 Dec
Same in tilton ran out of everything , no hot chocolate ffs and no feckin pies need to sort out the catering for the rifraf first
22:22, Sat 2 Dec
Still being run by a third party catering company aye it? I'm sure it'll get better. Can't expect them to fix everything over night when everything was shite to begin with.
22:23, Sat 2 Dec
It is shit but dont think the club see a penny of any concession sales anyway

We sold it off to Elior on a 5 year deal in 2021
Better than the piss tasting lager that is served up. When will football stadiums catch on to serving real ale that tastes of something other than piss?? The argument that it takes too long to serve us nil and void based on my experiences today…

Because nobody wants to drink warm Knobbers Bilge or some other shite bitter.

You really trust these caterers to keep a cask beer correctly?
I agree. If the football isn’t great sometimes we can accept it a bit more if the operations are running smoothly. We can have a drink, something to eat and laugh about things being the way they’ve always been on the pitch. But to get the operations so badly wrong when the football is beyond crap is unforgivable in my opinion. Do an NPS survey and see what we all say… it won’t be pretty but it should pin-point areas to improve on. We’ve accepted crap for so long we’ve just become apathetic in my opinion.
22:27, Sat 2 Dec
NorthernBlue
I agree. If the football isn’t great sometimes we can accept it a bit more if the operations are running smoothly. We can have a drink, something to eat and laugh about things being the way they’ve always been on the pitch. But to get the operations so badly wrong when the football is beyond crap is unforgivable in my opinion. Do an NPS survey and see what we all say… it won’t be pretty but it should pin-point areas to improve on. We’ve accepted crap for so long we’ve just become apathetic in my opinion.

The days of gallows humour are long gone, it’s now cheap songs aimed at the manager, booing and a sense of entitlement.
22:28, Sat 2 Dec
Well some people do but I agree no chance of them managing a cask so I’ll go for the vinegary red wine instead….
22:31, Sat 2 Dec
I’m not sure I detected a sense of entitlement. I’d probably prefer that in some ways as the acceptance of utter crap is the death spiral for the club. If we all felt entitled to more we would voice our opinions more and not just be accepting of the rubbish we’re currently being served up on and off the pitch.