23:36, Sat 2 Dec
I know many don't like the xg stats, but I personally do think they are a good barometer of performance and at showing a teams trajectory.

So far, Rooney has only finished one game where we've had a higher xg than the opponent. Which was Blackburn.

Our xg for has been up and down similar to the previous manager but it's our xg against where the contrast is damning. 13.42 xg against in the 8 games. 10.45 xg against in the first 11 games of the season.

For me, we've got to get back to being compact for a little while to stop the rot. Our forward players are good enough on the ball to score and create with very little but our defence is unable to cope with anything other than being solid and also well protected by those in front of them.

Let's get to relative safety and then pick this back up when there's less pressure to get it right and start planning for who can and can't play in this new desired way next season.
I know many don't like the xg stats, but I personally do think they are a good barometer of performance and at showing a teams trajectory.

So far, Rooney has only finished one game where we've had a higher xg than the opponent. Which was Blackburn.

Our xg for has been up and down similar to the previous manager but it's our xg against where the contrast is damning. 13.42 xg against in the 8 games. 10.45 xg against in the first 11 games of the season.

For me, we've got to get back to being compact for a little while to stop the rot. Our forward players are good enough on the ball to score and create with very little but our defence is unable to cope with anything other than being solid and also well protected by those in front of them.

Let's get to relative safety and then pick this back up when there's less pressure to get it right and start planning for who can and can't play in this new desired way next season.

Good points, apart from the forwards being good enough.
By and large goals win football matches and winning football matches makes supporters less grumpy.

We don’t have a centre forward until we get one it’s going to be hard going.
By forwards I mean attackers like Dembele, Miyoshi, Stansfield, Roberts and Anderson etc as opposed to the out and out strikers.
Mister Mutley
By and large goals win football matches and winning football matches makes supporters less grumpy.

We don’t have a centre forward until we get one it’s going to be hard going.

Scored 7 in 2 games without one a while ago.

It's about getting the best out of the players you've got. It's common sense.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H