mad
12:02, Mon 4 Dec
[www.theguardian.com]

State of Victoria pulled out

Now Gold Coast has pulled out too

Pull your finger out Andy Street
12:09, Mon 4 Dec
mad
No the council is bankrupt, this is the last thing it needs. Time to bin the CWG to history
12:10, Mon 4 Dec
mad
We are bankrupt. Unless every penny was going to be funded out of central government which it wouldn't be with an election coming up there is zero chance of that, rightly so.

Unfortunately with Australia now saying that they are out, probably forever there is little chance I think that the games will survive in its current form.
12:20, Mon 4 Dec
mad
No.
13:00, Mon 4 Dec
GBBlue
We are bankrupt. Unless every penny was going to be funded out of central government which it wouldn't be with an election coming up there is zero chance of that, rightly so.

True

Maybe London could host it, they have all the facilities and infrastructure already in place.
13:02, Mon 4 Dec
mad
The Council was Bankrupt before we hosted the games …BUT those in charge of finances didn’t bother to tell anyone…
17:47, Mon 4 Dec
mad
They should turn the CWG into a tournament for all those things that people should've stopped doing when they were 13 and leave the Olympics for proper sports.

I've already seen that everybody is up in arms about skateboarding and BMXing being included as sports events. Just chuck all them in, add in 3 legged races and egg 'n spoon runs and call it 'Commonwealth School Sports Day'.
17:53, Mon 4 Dec
mad
As I've said before it needs to be gotten rid of now.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
17:53, Mon 4 Dec
Yeah let the Olympics keep all the real sports like sitting on a horse while it walks around a bit and breakdancing.
17:55, Mon 4 Dec
I'm more than keen on watching horses breakdancing.