20:59, Tue 5 Dec
Reckon they've looked at this?

We're trying to play expansive football on a squash court at the moment. We have one of the smallest pitches in the 92 and I believe it was borderline for minimum permitted pitch size.

I'd be surprised if they hadn't considered this to give the players a bit more space since Wayne took over.

One for our representatives to bring up at the next Open House, would make a positive difference to the style of play in my humble opinion.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
We cant pass the ball accurately across the 'squash court' so widening the surface any further migtht prove challenging for the odd one or two.
Green Seamer
We cant pass the ball accurately across the 'squash court' so widening the surface any further migtht prove challenging for the odd one or two.

It's easier when you've got more time on a bigger pitch. Much harder to play accurate quick passes when it's a tighter space.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
I’ve mentioned this before.
46 throw ins in our game on Saturday. The most in the league again. Shite
Tony Fantastico
21:21, Tue 5 Dec
Why are we so bad on bigger pitches away from home though?
21:22, Tue 5 Dec
Newbs
Why are we so bad on bigger pitches away from home though?

Maybe we're not used to playing on them?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
21:23, Tue 5 Dec
We play quite narr even on a small pitch.

Plus our corners would fall even shorter.

I think we are committed to the pitch size at least for the season anyway. I don't think you can change it. And there is no grass to widen it anyway.
21:26, Tue 5 Dec
Not really sure if they can expand much, there’s a permitted space from touchline to stand, I think, could be wrong but we pretty much have done that.
21:28, Tue 5 Dec
Correct. You submit your pitch dimensions at the start of the season, then you’re not allowed to change them mid-season (unless there are exceptional circumstances).
21:32, Tue 5 Dec
Sheep2
We play quite narr even on a small pitch.

Plus our corners would fall even shorter.

I think we are committed to the pitch size at least for the season anyway. I don't think you can change it. And there is no grass to widen it anyway.

All fine apart from the end, we made it more narrow under McLeish and haven't changed it back. It didn't use to be this narrow.

That's my recollection anyway, happy to be corrected.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
....• Birmingham City does 24.26 throw-ins per match

Highest average in the league 😤
21:40, Tue 5 Dec
I thought we widened it for the Europa League games?

There's less room than there used to be because of the electronic hoardings and the ones in front of the Main stand.
The pitch was also shortened for the Gil Merrick, but that was a while ago now.
21:43, Tue 5 Dec
Radavis
Not really sure if they can expand much, there’s a permitted space from touchline to stand, I think, could be wrong but we pretty much have done that.
The Kop is a couple of yards further away from the touchline now after the rebuild. So is the Tilton weirdly.
Tony Fantastico
Mr Miyagi and the X-Men
....• Birmingham City does 24.26 throw-ins per match

Highest average in the league 😤

We need Marc Roberts back in the team....
21:51, Tue 5 Dec
Sheep2
I thought we widened it for the Europa League games?

There's less room than there used to be because of the electronic hoardings and the ones in front of the Main stand.
The pitch was also shortened for the Gil Merrick, but that was a while ago now.

The playing surface when the stadium was built was 105 m × 69 m and was one of the largest in the country.

The pitch now measures 100 by 66 metres. Much of the shortening was, as you say, because of the GM build. The half way line is now not in line with the centre tunnel.

Fulham and Luton both have slightly smaller pitches than Blues. But most PL club pitches are now standardised at 68m wide.
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.