22:12, Thu 7 Dec
First half spurs should have been out of sight but they just kept passing around the West Ham box, no shots just continual passes. We have been passing across our own box and then passed across the opposition box, I don't apologise for being a dinosaur, I just want more direct football with more shots on the opponents goal.
22:27, Thu 7 Dec
Ange could be tethering on thin ice. 4 defeats in 5 now.
22:28, Thu 7 Dec
Won’t be a popular comment but Villa had the balance right last night, played out but fast attacking , aggressive football.
22:45, Thu 7 Dec
Interesting game.
I watched it from the point of view that Rooney wants us to play similar to Spurs and JE would have set us up like Moyes did.

It will be interesting to see where both finish the season.

It was also fun imagining the rollercoaster of emotions that would have played out on here from both perspectives.
Inspector Montalbano
First half spurs should have been out of sight but they just kept passing around the West Ham box, no shots just continual passes. We have been passing across our own box and then passed across the opposition box, I don't apologise for being a dinosaur, I just want more direct football with more shots on the opponents goal.

More than one way to skin a cat. Dyche doing a great job too under the circumstances.

Neither fella would even get an interview with us nowadays, make of that what you will
23:52, Thu 7 Dec
Inspector Montalbano

More than one way to skin a cat. Dyche doing a great job too under the circumstances.

Neither fella would even get an interview with us nowadays, make of that what you will

Nowadays 🤣
23:58, Thu 7 Dec
Point being - if Moyes or Dyche wanted a job with us at any point over the last 12 years, they’d have got one

If they wanted a job with us nowadays they wouldn’t even get an interview
08:03, Fri 8 Dec
Are we going toget this every single time a team playing a version of more direct football beats a team playing supposedly ‘tippy tappy’?

It’s tedious. Both West Ham and Everton have squads of talented footballers far beyond anything in our division, not just ourselves. In the case of Everton assembled at enormous expense, as they know to their cost. Both Spurs and Newcastle have a lot of injuries. Nevertheless,just looked at the table and they’re still above the two teams who were somewhat flattered by the results last night, though that happens The idea the Spurs manager is on thin ice is a joke.
08:08, Fri 8 Dec
This fella, and the long winded one, are poundshop Joey Barton’s. Best to just swerve em. What’s the sound of one hand clapping?
08:51, Fri 8 Dec
It’s so boring isn’t it?
“Look they had less possession and won that one particular game we should do that”
09:18, Fri 8 Dec
Iain_Gavin
Point being - if Moyes or Dyche wanted a job with us at any point over the last 12 years, they’d have got one

If they wanted a job with us nowadays they wouldn’t even get an interview
They would. But whether they got the job would depend on them doing what their bosses asked. Like in most jobs
Tony Fantastico
West ham were hard to break down because they sat so deep & were organised. &
They also got lucky with the goals but who would want to watch their team play like that at home week in week out?

Not me.
12:54, Fri 8 Dec
Crazy world when you've got a Marketing Executive in the role of CEO telling experienced football managers how they need to set up and play, but that's the modern game for ya
15:03, Fri 8 Dec
Iain_Gavin
Crazy world when you've got a Marketing Executive in the role of CEO telling experienced football managers how they need to set up and play, but that's the modern game for ya

So you've completely ignored all the reports from the Open House regarding the stats on the style of football played by the vast majority of teams who get promoted because it doesn't suit your particular opinion on Rooney?
15:05, Fri 8 Dec
I don’t know. If we’re being fair (hahahahha, aren’t I the wag). I think we’d have to note how for the last decade at least (in fact almost for ever) blues fans have bemoaned how the oppo, even those below in the league, actually pass the ball to each other and play a generally more watchable brand of the game we love.

If you want to put it in ‘marketing terms’, maybe it’s because our pitch isn’t wide enough, but crazy I know, could it be possible that if we played better passing football we might come to experience the success that has proved so elusive? Just a thought.