19:17, Fri 8 Dec
I had a boss at a place i worked some years ago who was very poor at man management.
He used to criticise me in front of everyone else, repeat that criticism of me in company newsletters, and put it on the internet.

He even once said i was a coward - yet i was doing my best, he was just very poor at training me to do my job properly

Anyways, i felt a bit rough one day and could probably have struggled into work but thought ..... "nah ..... feck it".

Then again i've worked for other bosses i thought were brilliant and i would have walked through a brick wall to go into work when i felt rough - just to help the team out.

====

Just saying
19:41, Fri 8 Dec
Thanks for that insightful story.
19:42, Fri 8 Dec
Rags
I had a boss at a place i worked some years ago who was very poor at man management.
He used to criticise me in front of everyone else, repeat that criticism of me in company newsletters, and put it on the internet.

He even once said i was a coward - yet i was doing my best, he was just very poor at training me to do my job properly

Anyways, i felt a bit rough one day and could probably have struggled into work but thought ..... "nah ..... feck it".

Then again i've worked for other bosses i thought were brilliant and i would have walked through a brick wall to go into work when i felt rough - just to help the team out.

====

Just saying

I like what your saying and completely agree 👍
19:45, Fri 8 Dec
The thought had crossed my mind too
19:49, Fri 8 Dec
Just listening to Juke on WM. Rooney is his 10th boss at the club.

Maybe changing the boss every year is the major issue.

I’m in the give Rooney time camp. From what I’ve heard his man management is decent. So many seem to have a preconceived opinion though.
Desparatly need a big result
19:52, Fri 8 Dec
Oh ye! As much as I moan at what I'm seeing, I'm definitely not saying get rid. It will come good in the end (I hope) 🙏
19:53, Fri 8 Dec
Oh ye! As much as I moan at what I'm seeing, I'm definitely not saying get rid. It will come good in the end (I hope) 🙏

It'll come good tonight, Coventry are poor ... easy win

.. or should be
19:57, Fri 8 Dec
were you a professional football player Rags?
20:00, Fri 8 Dec
TrickyBlue
Thanks for that insightful story.

Mate, really, mate...
20:04, Fri 8 Dec
I fink you should've grown a pair of bollix and done what you said you were going to do in meetings when it mattered.

But that's just me.
20:09, Fri 8 Dec

Toxic. Reported.

====

Just saying
22:12, Fri 8 Dec
So it you felt rough and it was covid you would have gone into work and passed it to someone who didn’t have a choice but to go in even though they had an immunosuppressed kid?
22:16, Fri 8 Dec
So it you felt rough and it was covid you would have gone into work and passed it to someone who didn’t have a choice but to go in even though they had an immunosuppressed kid?

No you apath ... obviously if i had something infectious i wouldn't go into work (even if i felt fine) with a possibility of giving it to someone else ... that's not teamwork