09:42, Sat 9 Dec
Blown if we sack Rooney, Cole and O'Shea ?

Cant see much wriggle room in FFP given the rolling losses.
09:44, Sat 9 Dec
Runaway Train
Blown if we sack Rooney, Cole and O'Shea ?

Cant see much wriggle room in FFP given the rolling losses.
This is one of the reasons why they won't be sacked, I have always said, he will get 2 transfer windows, if it's not working after then he's dust.
09:57, Sat 9 Dec
I suspect you are right.

It would be interesting if someone who fully understands the rolling FFP figure could indicate how it improves on a yr by yr basis.

I think Dan mentioned the difference between losses in the accounts and the sum for FFP calculation but i'm not sure how you work it out.
10:14, Sat 9 Dec
you won't be able to work it out, but if we sack them but continue to pay them it won't be the end of the world. just means we are paying wages to at least three managers - Are Bowyer and Karanka off the books yet ?
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
10:33, Sat 9 Dec
I thought managerial/coaching staff doesn't count towards FFP?
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
11:14, Sat 9 Dec
No, it’s said constantly but when managers are sacked they aren’t sacked in the traditional sense like the common man.

If Rooney was ‘sacked’ he’d still be getting his normal wage from the club until his contract expires, it’s mutually terminated or he gets another job.

Just like Eustace, blues will still be paying him his wage at the moment.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
11:23, Sat 9 Dec
They are all parts of the operating costs of the business so I am pretty sure they are included. I think gardening leave and week by week payments until they move on might be the only option if it comes to that.
jmc
11:49, Sat 9 Dec
Surely there are ways around this. If the manager is no longer working for the football club, but is say working for Shelby Limited, the costs wouldn't count towards financial fair play.

Or if they were legally employed by the academy or womans team, as those costs are not included either.

I seem to remember a team not too far away whose academy costs increased to over 10million a year when in the championship, which happened to be the exact amount they needed not to fail ffp.

Wasnt the bulk of Rooney's salary being paid for by a sponsor while at Derby rather than the club?
11:56, Sat 9 Dec
jmc
I don't much care about the transfer budget . Doesn't really matter when your playing in league 1 .Sack them all now
12:22, Sat 9 Dec
jmc
jmc
Surely there are ways around this. If the manager is no longer working for the football club, but is say working for Shelby Limited, the costs wouldn't count towards financial fair play.

Or if they were legally employed by the academy or womans team, as those costs are not included either.

I seem to remember a team not too far away whose academy costs increased to over 10million a year when in the championship, which happened to be the exact amount they needed not to fail ffp.

Wasnt the bulk of Rooney's salary being paid for by a sponsor while at Derby rather than the club?

Yep 32RED