09:53, Sat 9 Dec
In his own words he should walk away as Zola did without screwing the club.
Don't think he will, but it is the right thing to do as this is not going to finish well.

So wanted him to be successful, but an absolute disaster of an appointment.
Tam
09:58, Sat 9 Dec
I've always assumed (and I might well be wrong) that Zola would have fallen on his sword publicly after having come to some sort of financial agreement privately with the club. Rooney is apparently a very wealthy man, and I wonder if he really needs the grief, or if he's genuinely so desperate to make it in football management - and/or that his ego or fighting spirit won't let him quit - that he's willing to put up with the pressure and abuse. He certainly doesn't look very happy. I know that none of us are, but the pressure on managers must be unbearable at times.
Make Blues Great Again
10:03, Sat 9 Dec
Tam
The pressure will be building by each loss but it seems clear on the pitch that the players don’t want to play for him and that’s why he’s starting Jukes, cz no one else will listen!

He’d start George Friend if he was still here
10:10, Sat 9 Dec
GasmanDong
The pressure will be building by each loss but it seems clear on the pitch that the players don’t want to play for him and that’s why he’s starting Jukes, cz no one else will listen!

He’d start George Friend if he was still here
So the players are ripping off the hard working supporters who travel home and away, disgraceful if that's the case, without the fans they wouldn't be able to feed their big egos and look at me I'm a footballer attitude
10:15, Sat 9 Dec
You're delusional if you think this isn’t a common thing at every football club around the world.
If the coaching team is shit or asking things of them they aren’t on board with then the players just aren’t having them.
Happened across the expressway last season, happened nearly on a yearly basis at a very successful Chelsea team during the Abromovic era.
I’d argue that it’d happen at your work place to.

The key is getting the appointment right.
Based on credentials, proven experience and due-diligence.
Not based on a personal relationship between a CEO and a high profile ex-player.
10:16, Sat 9 Dec
I’m not sure whether it’s they don’t want to play for him, or he’s a terrible coach and a crap manager.

Eustace was average at best but got a better tune out of them
10:41, Sat 9 Dec
I completely agree with your comments. We need a credible, experienced manager who can work with the current players. Mr Rooney needs to be replaced as soon as possible before the team slide into a relegation position.