12:30, Sat 9 Dec
Please no more. I don’t care if he is an out ball or whatever he is but we can not have him starting games upfront anymore. I’d actually rather try and play out than having him as an option.

I’m sure he is a great guy but championship standard he definitely is not.

Hopefully Rooney sees all of this and looks to start moving things along in January.

Not sure why has hasn’t just played 4231 like previously but that’s another conversation.
12:32, Sat 9 Dec
Juke is the least of our problems
It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.
13:26, Sat 9 Dec
At least he worked his nuts off -would you rather have had Burke -really ? There's people on that pitch last night that deserve criticism much more than Juke . Bacuna got done a couple of times early on and decided he didn't really want to do the defensive thingy any more .He can do wonders but sometimes his attitude stinks . Bielik -dreadful just dreadful .Dembele -did he give any indication that he could really be arsed in any way? . Misoshi -faded badly .James -not his greatest game was it? Aiwu -Not for me this guy Id rather have long or Roberts .

Those that did OK IMO were Ruddy, Roberts(MOM} and Buchanan who was up against a really good quick ballplayer ,got done on a couple of occasions but stuck at it well .Stansfield who was totally wasted in that position .

Can see no improvement from Rooney's first game to this one -in fact its got worse . I thought we'd had our fair share of this kind of abysmal managerial cockup with Zola .Its really shite being a Blues fan while over the Expressway feckin miracles are happening
13:34, Sat 9 Dec
What was wrong with Stanfield up top with Miyoshi behind I have not idea. I guess this is JE's preferred choice and Rooney has to be seen as carving his own path.
13:37, Sat 9 Dec
John_Smullen
Juke is the least of our problems

This.
Think its pretty obvious to everyone that jukes days as our first choice striker should be well over by now.
But he was very much the least of our problems last night.
14:01, Sat 9 Dec
I don’t think its the least of our problems. No disrespect but Centre Forward is the main position we need to fill. Someone with pace and movement who can score hard to find and Coventry paid 8 million for someone who looked no better last night.

Stansfield had a couple of ok games up front in JE last couple of games but in the few others he played there did t really get into the game. Looks better a little deeper to me.like most in the team short of confidence at the moment.

In the short term I’d start with to Hogan at least he gets into the positions and runs across defenders. Once he gets one he’s always like to bag a few more.
14:01, Sat 9 Dec
BlueSteve
What was wrong with Stanfield up top with Miyoshi behind I have not idea. I guess this is JE's preferred choice and Rooney has to be seen as carving his own path.

Bacuna and Dembele either side of Miyoshi and James/Bielek sitting deeper. Seems ideal to me.

Saying that, Bielek looks appalling at the minute. Sunjic can't pass but he deserves a game.

Gardner will start in place of Bielek v Cardiff I think.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
14:05, Sat 9 Dec
Mister Mutley
I don’t think its the least of our problems. No disrespect but Centre Forward is the main position we need to fill. Someone with pace and movement who can score hard to find and Coventry paid 8 million for someone who looked no better last night.

Stansfield had a couple of ok games up front in JE last couple of games but in the few others he played there did t really get into the game. Looks better a little deeper to me.like most in the team short of confidence at the moment.

In the short term I’d start with to Hogan at least he gets into the positions and runs across defenders. Once he gets one he’s always like to bag a few more.

I agree. Juke might not be our biggest problem, but he’s certainly not the least of our problems. Him playing is a severe weakness in the team.
14:05, Sat 9 Dec
Gardner? Jesus wept don't make it even worse...
14:10, Sat 9 Dec
I’ve seen Gardner have some very bad games for us, but he will have to effin go some to be worse than last night’s ‘effort’ from Bielik, who was an absolute disgrace I felt.
14:19, Sat 9 Dec
Then put Sunjic in, or see if any of the younger players, with no baggage, can step up. Play a RB and you can have James & Bacuna in midfield and Sunjic/kid running around like a madman doing the pressing.

The summer cannot come quick enough to eff a load of this lot off and truly start again.

Bielik was awful but I would say, Rooney is asking him to do something he cant.

2024 near enough and Juke, Roberts, Gardner & Hogan are still in the squad, that shows just how far we still have to go.
14:34, Sat 9 Dec
I’m not advocating picking Gardner. But he won’t be worse than KB has been lately if he does play.
Your wider point is spot on. Which goes to show how daft it was appointing Rooney and expecting him to improve these players.
16:01, Sat 9 Dec
I groaned when he was picked but thought he played well and looked pretty fit. Stansfield playing wide is stupid, he needs to be somewhere where he can get shots off.
18:15, Sat 9 Dec
Wowden
At least he worked his nuts off -would you rather have had Burke -really ? There's people on that pitch last night that deserve criticism much more than Juke.

Yes I would rather have Burke. He forces defenders to play a bit deeper which makes space for out midfield.

I agree with you though - Juke deserves no criticism for yesterday. He played closer to 100% of what he can do than anyone else. Unfortunately a 100% Juke performance in 2023 isn’t good enough for a League 1 team anymore.
18:18, Sat 9 Dec
Petebaldwin
Wowden
At least he worked his nuts off -would you rather have had Burke -really ? There's people on that pitch last night that deserve criticism much more than Juke.

Yes I would rather have Burke. He forces defenders to play a bit deeper which makes space for out midfield.

I agree with you though - Juke deserves no criticism for yesterday. He played closer to 100% of what he can do than anyone else. Unfortunately a 100% Juke performance in 2023 isn’t good enough for a League 1 team anymore.

It’s not just about yesterday. He adds absolutely nothing to us anymore, not taking away what he has done but if we even to avoid relegation he has to go.

No doubt he tries his hardest and so would we if we got an opportunity to play, doesn’t mean it good enough.