19:26, Sat 9 Dec
PPG Prophet has made a chart on how blues' done this season + points progression. You can see the moment Rooney took over, this data is really something.

Rooney's first game was M.D 12
Linked Image
Between 4 and nine looks a little bit similar to now though right?

Bright spell, dip. Bright spell dip.
19:31, Sat 9 Dec
After 4 games?
17:41, Sun 10 Dec
ThekombiChronicles
Between 4 and nine looks a little bit similar to now though right?

Bright spell, dip. Bright spell dip.

I think you have your rose tints on there mate games 4 to 9 is a 5 game spell not 9 games.
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
17:47, Sun 10 Dec
Five games without a win and whilst We can never say that would have happened without the managerial change, it's possible a similar run would have followed regardless.

It's makes the timing of the sacking crazy in hindsight. If we had dipped again, the fan base would have been left split and probably would have been more open to the idea of Rooney.

Hindsight ay.
17:50, Sun 10 Dec
Five games without a win and whilst We can never say that would have happened without the managerial change, it's possible a similar run would have followed regardless.

It's makes the timing of the sacking crazy in hindsight. If we had dipped again, the fan base would have been left split and probably would have been more open to the idea of Rooney.

Hindsight ay.

Nothing to do with hindsight whatsoever ... go back to his appointment, vast majority of people agreed that even if JE was to be replaced then it was stupid to do it whilst we were improving

So stop using false comparisons with JE as an excuse .... even those who didn't rate JE and wanted him gone are now admitting that, completely disregarding whether JE was good or not, Rooney is NOT the answer.
ThekombiChronicles

I disagree. Whilst I liked Eustace, my issue wasn't with them replacing him, it was who they chose. They chose a bloke with very little proven managerial pedigree and a poor win percentage. Timing wouldn't have made a difference - it was the appointment that was, and is frustrating. Yet it was predictable because of Cook's relationship.
18:20, Sun 10 Dec
Absolutely, it’s yet another parallel to Zola. This issue wasn’t sacking either DvB, it was who they replaced them with.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
Tam
18:21, Sun 10 Dec
Kristoff
ThekombiChronicles

I disagree. Whilst I liked Eustace, my issue wasn't with them replacing him, it was who they chose. They chose a bloke with very little proven managerial pedigree and a poor win percentage. Timing wouldn't have made a difference - it was the appointment that was, and is frustrating. Yet it was predictable because of Cook's relationship.

Yes, Kristoff - it's all about the successor really. R0wett was only pined for (by some) for so long because of the balls up that was the Zola era. I do think, though, that if Eust@ce had been sacked after the Norwich game, Rooney would have come in to less vitriol. Perhaps not more enthusiasm, but a bit less anger. I think he bore the brunt, to an extent of the anger towards the manner of JE's departure and the crass, arrogant statement that was first put on on the Blues website. In that respect I think he was caught in the perfect storm.
Make Blues Great Again
I see Rooney's win percentage mentioned a lot. But considering the shambles that Derby were, is his win percentage that bad considering. Are people really expecting him to have earned more with the team he had available?

It's possible that the board felt that if he could achieve that with one of the worst teams in the league that year, maybe he could achieve more with better resources.

Now I am not saying I feel Rooney was the right appointment mind, just trying to look at reasons.

I imagine his presence in the US was the main thing. If you want to secure big deals with company, you want a name the US businessmen know.

Of all the options available that had Championship management experience and the presence in the US, Rooney is in a selection of names that was available and likely to join them.

I see a lot of people mentioning Cook's mate relationship with Rooney, but other than securing him on a boot deal, have they other dealings working together. I know he has tried many times to get Rooney onboard with his previous projects. Could it just be that Cook knows how valuable Rooney's name is from a commercial aspect?