21:34, Sat 9 Dec
Came in with the demand to change the style of football at the club. Had a full pre season, started awfully and fans wanted him out. Just won 4 and drew 1 of the last 5

Reason for optimism?
21:36, Sat 9 Dec
He had a full pre-season, it's a big difference. Lots of time to work on how you want to play.

As much as I don't think they'll sack him just yet, I don't think there's any reason to be optimistic anymore (coming from someone who preached patience and support in his first few games)
21:41, Sat 9 Dec
They should’ve beat Villa (the game they drew) as well.
21:48, Sat 9 Dec
Iain_Gavin
Came in with the demand to change the style of football at the club. Had a full pre season, started awfully and fans wanted him out. Just won 4 and drew 1 of the last 5

Reason for optimism?

For Bournemouth, yes.
21:51, Sat 9 Dec
8 games without a win, 5 defeats and three draws, including 3 straight losses.

People will say, rightly, that his record prior to Bournemouth was impressive, so you can’t really extrapolate that Wayne is capable of similar achievements, we’ll see.

Playing a high intensity, high pressing game it took time for the players to adjust, but from what I’ve read you could see, game by game that they were adapting. Not really the case with us apart from a few isolated bright spots.

From an article on Premier League website

Iraola’s players struggled to get the balance right earlier on this season.

They pressed hard but made positional errors, both individually and collectively, because they were still learning about the finer details of what their new head coach wanted.

This exposed an overworked defence.

But….

Step by step they are learning Iraola’s way, and there are tangible signs of improvement.

Tactically more comfortable, they are defending better as a unit.

To the naked eye Bournemouth have also looked more energised, and the data proves this to be the case.

The team has covered an extra 2.5km per match in their latest block of four fixtures, compared with their average across the first nine matches.

Making more off the ball runs, with greater intensity, they are pressurising opponents in an effective way.

Iraola has a group who are mentally and physically sharp enough to execute his brand of high-intensity football.

That last sentence is the kicker
Listening to the game on the radio they mentioned a long article which looked in depth at Bournemouths training methods. I thought they said it was in the Independent but I can’t find it. If anyone knows where it is I’d appreciate a steer, ta
21:59, Sat 9 Dec
Turned the corner after 11 league games
22:10, Sat 9 Dec
theAtlas
Iain_Gavin

Reason for optimism?

For Bournemouth, yes.[/quote}

Yeah this. What that’s got to do with us I have no idea.
22:27, Sat 9 Dec
Tha Project OBE
Iraola has a group who are mentally and physically sharp enough to execute his brand of high-intensity football.

Cherry picking as usual

Perhaps Iraola is better at coaching & motivating his players??

But fine, you work away in your fantasy world
22:32, Sat 9 Dec
Came with a great reputation for doing a great job in Spain. If WR had a great record there would be far more patience, as it is people are concerned we’re gonna give more time to the wrong guy.
Happy Clapper
22:36, Sat 9 Dec
Tha Project OBE

Cherry picking as usual

Perhaps Iraola is better at coaching & motivating his players??

But fine, you work away in your fantasy world

You seem to have missed the bit where I said….

People will say, rightly, that his record prior to Bournemouth was impressive, so you can’t really extrapolate that Wayne is capable of similar achievements

Also, there’s no need to be so rude. Reported.
22:54, Sat 9 Dec
So why post this passive aggressive twaddle?

People say…..

People say 5 points in 9 games is relegation form
People say there is no perceptible improvement in performance
If you reckon he’s doing a good job then good on you,.
I expect better so don’t expect me to be a happy clapper.
06:13, Sun 10 Dec
Iain_Gavin

Reason for optimism?

As you say, he had a full pre-season and the owners had a clear plan from the start of summer. That makes a big difference. The most important factor though - he came with pedigree. He was highly rated from his time at Vallecano. Rooney might turn out to be good but his past jobs show little evidence that he will be.
There's another big difference with Iroala, which is that he stick to his principles. Rooney's change things almost every game.

The other important factor is that we don't have the ability to radically overhaul the squad. So I'm not sure why people keep talking about the need for better players. How are we going to get these better players?
06:19, Sun 10 Dec
Le Mod
Came with a great reputation for doing a great job in Spain. If WR had a great record there would be far more patience, as it is people are concerned we’re gonna give more time to the wrong guy.

This is the crux of it and why I'm bemused by the stringent of Rooney. I get that people want to get behind the team but some are actively slagging the team to defend the manager.