10:15, Mon 11 Dec
Latest Birmingham City news from BirminghamLive includes Don Goodman's take on Blues' struggles under Wayne Rooney

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
10:17, Mon 11 Dec
Some know they won’t be around I think that’s a factor

But the sentiment is right from dingle boy, the players should try and prove they deserve to be here. They owe us and the club not the other way round.
10:28, Mon 11 Dec
Players are more fragile now, they’re more sensitive, (but) Rooney hasn’t dug any individual players out, which is important.

Not accurate Don, pay attention.
Immediate cessation of chocolate rations?
10:52, Mon 11 Dec
A lot of them will be off at the end of the season so surely they will want to show something that will get them their next move?
11:00, Mon 11 Dec
Latest Birmingham City news from BirminghamLive includes Don Goodman's take on Blues' struggles under Wayne Rooney

Dear Don ... yes, it would be lovely for the players to do exactly what Wayne wants them to do ...... could you possibly have a word with Wayne to remind him that his part of the bargain is to explain it properly in the first place ?
11:59, Mon 11 Dec

Dear Don ... yes, it would be lovely for the players to do exactly what Wayne wants them to do ...... could you possibly have a word with Wayne to remind him that his part of the bargain is to explain it properly in the first place ?

Why do you think it’s Rooney not explaining it properly? Every time I’ve seen Rooney talk on footballing matters he comes across well and is clear in his understanding of the game. Surely if a layman can understand his presentations and philosophies a pro footballer should be able to? How does Wayne explain that tracking back is vitally important to stopping us conceding in a way that the players understand? It’s not exactly a complicated idea, it’s about application and desire and if you need that explained in great detail you probably shouldn’t be a pro footballer.
12:42, Mon 11 Dec
My Blue Heaven
Some know they won’t be around I think that’s a factor

But the sentiment is right from dingle boy, the players should try and prove they deserve to be here. They owe us and the club not the other way round.

I think that’s part of it, and the other part of it is they just don’t want to play for him, for whatever reason that might be. I don’t agree with it, but if Wayne can’t turn that round, then we need someone who can, cause a lot of these players aren’t going anywhere till the summer.
12:44, Mon 11 Dec

Why do you think it’s Rooney not explaining it properly? Every time I’ve seen Rooney talk on footballing matters he comes across well and is clear in his understanding of the game. Surely if a layman can understand his presentations and philosophies a pro footballer should be able to? How does Wayne explain that tracking back is vitally important to stopping us conceding in a way that the players understand? It’s not exactly a complicated idea, it’s about application and desire and if you need that explained in great detail you probably shouldn’t be a pro footballer.

Perhaps it's because he's tried 7 different styles in 9 matches thus far ... i don't think he knows what he wants - and if that's the case - how can the players ?
13:01, Mon 11 Dec
I’m pretty sure he knows exactly what he wants but the players are refusing to carry out even basic instructions. Do you think he wants the players to be half arsed? What I’ve seen so far, under both Rooney and Eust@ce, is players applying themselves for 15 - 20 minutes then slacking off the press and not moving to create space when in possession. Why are people convinced they’ll do it for a third manager when they couldn’t be arsed under the last two?
13:12, Mon 11 Dec
Agree with you on that, he does talk well to show his understanding of the game. He played under one of the greatest managers of recent times so he's bound to have learnt a lot of him.

The question for me is not so much if the players understand its more do they have the ability to be able to do what he's asking?

BUT, that's then down to Rooney to have assessed his squad by now and play a system / tactics matched to their level until he can bring in other / better players.

Now is not the time to be stubborn and stick to your guns no matter what, now is the time to get points on the board even if it means delaying the overall plan and make sure we're still in the Championship when we can get the players in. Wins = confidence, confidence allows you to tweak things to improve the playing style over time.