12:45, Mon 11 Dec
Alex Dicken's latest Birmingham City notebook features Lukas Jutkiewicz, Garry Cook and the Blues teams that are doing well

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
12:48, Mon 11 Dec
Cook ...

"we’ve got great players. I always worry when everyone starts to look forward to the window. We’ve got some great players and they will get better. That’s the commitment that the coaching staff are making, and the commitment that support staff are making. Let’s make everybody better before we worry about how to replace everybody.”"

Fighting talk if ever i heard it
12:51, Mon 11 Dec
Could be completely wrong here, but doesn’t that contradict the statement back in October which was ‘you’ve either got it or you haven’t, and if you haven’t got it and are not world class you’ll be replaced’
12:55, Mon 11 Dec
No, it doesn't. HTH.
12:57, Mon 11 Dec
Rags
Cook ...

"we’ve got great players. I always worry when everyone starts to look forward to the window. We’ve got some great players and they will get better. That’s the commitment that the coaching staff are making, and the commitment that support staff are making. Let’s make everybody better before we worry about how to replace everybody.”"

The coaching staff have made them all worse Garry.
12:57, Mon 11 Dec
Cheers for clearing that up for me 👍
13:07, Mon 11 Dec
If the great players are going to get better, surely it’s only to be expected that there would have been some improvements evident already. Yet, right now, I honestly can’t think of one player who was a regular under the last manager, who has improved one jot over the nine games since. The performances of most, or at least their effectiveness, has deteriorated.

I get that it’s a team game and the performance of any one player is in part influenced by those of the team mates on which he depends, but right now there’s no improvement anywhere on the pitch.
13:10, Mon 11 Dec
The only player that has improved imo, and he wasn’t a regular under JE, is James. Everyone else has gone backwards massively. Even Stansfield, who I thought would improve under Rooney given Rooney was a world class striker.
13:13, Mon 11 Dec
Dont care what Mr Cook thinks about what players are good or bad think he should do what hes good at making money off the pitch i know what ive been watching for the last few seasons and a lot of players had come for a pay day and not have any worrys about having to break sweat and have push for play offs these new owners are like a breath of fresh and the players obviosly dont like being told a few home truths so they need replacing so here we go IF Gary Cook has done his job and weve got a decent budget heres 4 players i would go for in January Liam Delap C/F Man City.Matty Kennedy FORWARD Kilmarnock/Max Bird mdf /Eiaan Cashin C/H both Derby County think 8 Million would get that lot job done .
13:17, Mon 11 Dec
Rags
Cook ...

Notice he didn't say - That's the commitment the great coaching staff are making, and we are not worrying about replacing them
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
13:20, Mon 11 Dec
Dont care what Mr Cook thinks about what players are good or bad think he should do what hes good at making money off the pitch i know what ive been watching for the last few seasons and a lot of players had come for a pay day and not have any worrys about having to break sweat and have push for play offs these new owners are like a breath of fresh and the players obviosly dont like being told a few home truths so they need replacing so here we go IF Gary Cook has done his job and weve got a decent budget heres 4 players i would go for in January Liam Delap C/F Man City.Matty Kennedy FORWARD Kilmarnock/Max Bird mdf /Eiaan Cashin C/H both Derby County think 8 Million would get that lot job done .

If Blues sold the whole squad they wouldn't raise £8m!

Get real, because of ffp we can only spend what we generate from outgoing players
He can't actually believe the twoddle he's spouted surely.
13:26, Mon 11 Dec
I reckon he can, because best mate or not he believed Wayne Rooney was a world class manager and appointment.
13:33, Mon 11 Dec

I think Mr Bone should get on the phone to Mr Cook ASAP
13:39, Mon 11 Dec
are these players bought or on loan? Don't think we would get one of delap's legs for 8 mil