20:07, Tue 12 Dec
Ruddy.

Bacuna. Aiwu. Sanderson. Roberts. Buchanan.

Sunjic. Bielik.

Mijoshi. Stansfield. Dembele.

Not ideal with no right back much prefer baca in midfield but this could make us more solid with nicking a result front 3 on break 😊.

Bielik shit last week but him n Sunjic way to go tomorrow
20:25, Tue 12 Dec
I really hope thats the team. I fear Juke maybe involved though. Plus JJ for Bielik.
20:41, Tue 12 Dec
It doesnt matter what the team is, these players downed tools from the minute Rooney was appointed. Shameful.
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
20:48, Tue 12 Dec
texasblue
Ruddy.

Sunjic. Bielik.

Not ideal with no right back much prefer baca in midfield but this could make us more solid with nicking a result front 3 on break 😊.

Ruddy

Aiwu Sanderson roberts Buchanan

James Sunjic

Miyoshi Bacuna Dembele

Stansfield

I don’t want to see us just going back to trying not to concede and hopefully score.
21:26, Tue 12 Dec
Linked Image
21:53, Tue 12 Dec
Just watching Sunderland fight and battle for every ball against Leeds. The difference to what we are currently chrurning out is massive. Whatever team he picks I think hes lost it.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
23:48, Tue 12 Dec
Would also go 3 at the back. Especially if we have to play Bacuna out of position there. If Longelo fit play him LWB and shift Buchanan in as a left sided CB.
07:05, Wed 13 Dec
Cattellroadcorner
Just watching Sunderland fight and battle for every ball against Leeds. The difference to what we are currently chrurning out is massive. Whatever team he picks I think hes lost it.

I know I’m going off track on this thread but Sunderland’s and Leeds players look so much fitter and quicker than our players. I don’t know the stats but it looks like they cover twice the distance during 90 minutes than our players do.
You watch us and see the likes of Dembele and Bielek ambling back and leaving runners. The players in these teams fight for every ball and don’t give the opposition any time at all.
Back to Cardiff, I think he has to go back to 4-2-3-1 and personally I’d prefer James and Sunjic as the deeper 2
08:31, Wed 13 Dec
Zublue
Cattellroadcorner

I know I’m going off track on this thread but Sunderland’s and Leeds players look so much fitter and quicker than our players. I don’t know the stats but it looks like they cover twice the distance during 90 minutes than our players do.
You watch us and see the likes of Dembele and Bielek ambling back and leaving runners. The players in these teams fight for every ball and don’t give the opposition any time at all.
Back to Cardiff, I think he has to go back to 4-2-3-1 and personally I’d prefer James and Sunjic as the deeper 2

Wasn't Rooney criticised heavily on here for suggesting this when he first came in?
I personally think Sean Rush has a lot to answer for. So many injuries (a lot of calf and hamstring problems) and what appears to be a lack of sharpness and overall fitness (although I also haven't looked at the stats - but I won't let that get in the way of pointing fingers.)
09:28, Wed 13 Dec
Bluejay
Would also go 3 at the back. Especially if we have to play Bacuna out of position there. If Longelo fit play him LWB and shift Buchanan in as a left sided CB.

Longelo would struggle in league one and is a total bombscare
09:38, Wed 13 Dec
I would go with that except Miyoshi needs to be central close to Stansfield and Bacuna right which is how we started v Huddersfield and West Brom.
09:52, Wed 13 Dec
Alfboy
Zublue
Cattellroadcorner

Wasn't Rooney criticised heavily on here for suggesting this when he first came in?
I personally think Sean Rush has a lot to answer for. So many injuries (a lot of calf and hamstring problems) and what appears to be a lack of sharpness and overall fitness (although I also haven't looked at the stats - but I won't let that get in the way of pointing fingers.)

I know it sounds simplistic but when either team broke away they were so quick. I know players like Jack Clarke are fast but they looked twice as quick as our lot. At Coventry on the occasions we did break we were running into avenues because no one was up there to pass too.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
10:57, Wed 13 Dec
texasblue
Ruddy.

Sunjic. Bielik.

3 at the Back? did last year teach you nothing?
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
11:37, Wed 13 Dec
albi
Bluejay

Longelo would struggle in league one and is a total bombscare

In JE's final few games, Longelo was playing well. There's definitely a player in there.
11:38, Wed 13 Dec
Wasn't there a statistic shown in a recent game that we were pressing extremely high and something like highest ranked in the league for most turnovers in the opponents half in the prior few games?

My worry is that we were pressing so much that no players, regardless of how fit, were able to sustain it for 90 minutes. Which speaks to a lack of understanding in the coaching of not just that you should press, but how and when is optimal to do it throughout the course of a game.