08:50, Wed 13 Dec
Racing Club Warwick overcame Birmingham Citys under-21 side 2-0 in a fascinating Birmingham Senior Cup game at Townsend Meadow on Tuesday night. Goals from Louis Monaghan and Luke Shearer either side of half time did for a young and inexperienced Blues u21 team.

[almajir.net]
09:32, Wed 13 Dec
Fuller report on the 21s last night for those interested
KES
09:36, Wed 13 Dec
That Wolves site is snazzy. How the other half live eh. I wonder if we will get more investment in how the U21's and U18's are presented from next season like game highlights on YouTube etc. Like you say, it's pretty threadbare at the moment.
09:54, Wed 13 Dec
KES
Thanks Dan. FYI pet peeve of mine - meteors fall to the ground so "meteoric rise" is an oxymoron.
10:45, Wed 13 Dec
Haircut1000
Thanks Dan. FYI pet peeve of mine - meteors fall to the ground so "meteoric rise" is an oxymoron.
Technically, meteors do not. Meteors burn up in the atmosphere. If they make it to the ground, they are meteorites.
10:53, Wed 13 Dec
bluearmyfaction
Haircut1000
Technically, meteors do not. Meteors burn up in the atmosphere. If they make it to the ground, they are meteorites.

Yeah I stand corrected. But the point is still true: meteors fall and, as you say, then burn up. They certainly don't rise.
10:58, Wed 13 Dec
Haircut1000
bluearmyfaction
Haircut1000

Yeah I stand corrected. But the point is still true: meteors fall and, as you say, then burn up. They certainly don't rise.
It's all relative. If you're in the space station looking up, they do. ;)
11:23, Wed 13 Dec
I think the rise referred originally more to the interest in the spectacle, which is why it's usually used to refer to something that had a short burst of celebrity but then burned out like a meteor in the atmosphere. And not to get too pedantic but it's also derived from the ancient Greek word for above or lofty which is why the study of the atmosphere is called meteorology.
11:27, Wed 13 Dec
As long as the kids aren't concentrating on Pictures of Lily they should be fine.
11:46, Wed 13 Dec
Glad Mazwi got a mention from you. For me he was the standout player when Blues got hammered by Luton last year in the cup. I didn't realise he was only 17
These lads might gain some experience talked about in next season's EFL Trophy if things don't pick up
17:50, Wed 13 Dec
Haircut1000
bluearmyfaction
Haircut1000

You need to separate "rise" from it... its the person's (career etc) rise that is meteoric. It's not the meteor's rise...

The "meteoric" bit of "meteoric rise" refers to the appearance of a meteor in terms of speed and brilliance.

meteoric

ADJECTIVE
1. of, formed by, or relating to meteors
2. like a meteor in brilliance, speed, or transience.
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
07:48, Thu 14 Dec
They’ve just been discussing this very thing on radio 4.

A blinding flash and then nothing, apparently
08:49, Thu 14 Dec
Tha Project OBE
They’ve just been discussing this very thing on radio 4.

A blinding flash and then nothing, apparently

Much like me on my wedding night.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875