14:42, Wed 13 Dec
Anyone know if it’s in the pipeline?

The possibilities are endless. On board with the jockeys at the Grand National. Ringside at the boxing or as the ref. Table side at the World Snooker Final. In the dugout at the football, turn around sitting next to Rooney and co.

Is it something to do with the big broadcasters losing money and maybe they’re developing their own VR?

Seems like a lot of money to be made, once the tech is there and the headsets become more revolutionised like smart phones.
14:45, Wed 13 Dec
Maybe something to do with Metaverse and they will get the monopoly. Still Blues could setup a subscription, to watch anywhere in the ground, including dugout.
15:04, Wed 13 Dec
Tech (for the mass market) just isn't quite there yet - and I got queasy from motion sickness just thinking about being onboard during the grand national!
15:07, Wed 13 Dec
Agree re the tech. If anyone has had a headset on and tried to do a virtual meeting for more than15 minutes can attest to
15:16, Wed 13 Dec
I also just don't think it would actually be very good? Sure there could be some cool stuff, but like 3D films, I think it would be a niche novelty that you'd try once and just think "meh, I'd rather just watch in TV or go to the event".

Could obviously be completely wrong.
15:18, Wed 13 Dec
These are the latest from HTC, not sure the reviews live up to the expectations yet.

I think once they’re more lightweight and resemble something like sunglasses, then it will take off. The style looks to be heading in the right direction.

Linked Image
15:22, Wed 13 Dec
For the big sporting events think it would take off, as an extra option to tv, once they look ‘cool’ and lightweight.

I was invested in a company called MelodyVR who did the same but for gigs. Some big names did some shows for them. They were eventually bought by Napster for next to nothing. A lot of people invested, just think it’s still 10 years too early.
15:41, Wed 13 Dec
Maybe something to do with Metaverse and they will get the monopoly. Still Blues could setup a subscription, to watch anywhere in the ground, including dugout.

Yeah, loads of armchair fans, screaming abuse at their empty sofas where Rooney and O’Shea are “sat” 🤣
17:46, Wed 13 Dec
😂 would be class
17:49, Wed 13 Dec
Anyone know if it’s in the pipeline?

The possibilities are endless. On board with the jockeys at the Grand National. Ringside at the boxing or as the ref. Table side at the World Snooker Final. In the dugout at the football, turn around sitting next to Rooney and co.

Is it something to do with the big broadcasters losing money and maybe they’re developing their own VR?

Seems like a lot of money to be made, once the tech is there and the headsets become more revolutionised like smart phones.

As long as there are no more bloody rollercoasters - i love them in real life but the VR ones make me feel very sick

Personally i think it would be great ... ones i had a personal interest in (Blues matches for example) i'd properly do traditionally - but others, yep, be good to dip in and out