22:02, Wed 13 Dec
Finally realised we cannot do what he was asking of the players and changed it.

Not the greatest game BUT solid, especially second half and got the points with a formation and tactics the players know.

I thought he would remain stubborn until he was sacked but fair play, he's hit the reset button and taken the pressure off a bit.

Well done WR and the players.
22:03, Wed 13 Dec
Aye. As one of his biggest critics, I will say fair play he got it right today.
22:04, Wed 13 Dec
Up the Roon! now lets have some more of the same.
22:05, Wed 13 Dec
Should have won by more. Cracking away performance for me. Same team and approach against Leicester and we could well get something.
22:05, Wed 13 Dec
Yes well done indeed. It wasn’t a total reset though - you could tell that they’re trying to keep possession whenever possible.
22:06, Wed 13 Dec
It's tough to be sure watching on the telly as you can't always see the shape. But I don't think he changed it as much as people are making out.

We were pushed very high up the pitch alot again today.

There was a couple of times in the first half when Buchanan was playing as high up as Stansfield.

The personal changes were the key difference today imo. Sunjic steadied the midfield and Aiwu made us much more solid at right back.

It doesn't really matter anyway. We played well and we won. That's all I care about.
22:06, Wed 13 Dec
I thougt it was cook who wanted him to play a different style of football?
22:07, Wed 13 Dec

Not the greatest game BUT solid, especially second half and got the points with a formation and tactics the players know.

I thought he would remain stubborn until he was sacked but fair play, he's hit the reset button and taken the pressure off a bit.

Yep ... just hope the owners don't decide to sack Rooney now for not playing progressive football
22:08, Wed 13 Dec
It was slightly less aggressive whilst being more organised at the back. Previously Rooney allowed his defenders to leave their position freely, we didn’t see much of that tonight. Having Sunjic next to Bielik provides a lot of support aswell.
22:08, Wed 13 Dec
Nose of Blue

I actually think that’s what he asked of the players for spells of that game. Nowhere near back to basics stuff. Absolutely chuffed
Tony Fantastico
22:10, Wed 13 Dec
It was a bit but with some really nice bits of play in their final third, especially one little bit right near the end.

We looked much more solid setup how we did tonight. Hope we stick with that until we can change the players he wants to manage out.

There's some really good footballers in that team tonight.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
22:12, Wed 13 Dec
The formation change was key though. A definite 2 sitting in front of the defence. How many times did Cardiff cut through the middle of us like others have when the protection wasn't there.

Just because you play the same formation in a 4-2-3-1 doesn't mean you can't play it differently on a more front footed approach.

The players still know their roles just a bit higher up.
22:12, Wed 13 Dec
Hagley Blue
Yes well done indeed. It wasn’t a total reset though - you could tell that they’re trying to keep possession whenever possible.

100% - that tonight is the healthy balance between what we have been doing under Rooney and what we did under Eustace. More defensively compact and less risk taken, but also didn't launch the ball aimlessly, tried to play with the ball and through the lines, and arguably should've won by more than we did.
22:16, Wed 13 Dec
Yes I would agree.

I think a huge lack of confidence in front of goal with shots and decision making though. It could easily have been 3 or 4. But I'm absolutely chuffed for Rooney and the team.
When I arrive I am causing a Heatwave
22:16, Wed 13 Dec
Hagley Blue

100% - that tonight is the healthy balance between what we have been doing under Rooney and what we did under Eustace. More defensively compact and less risk taken, but also didn't launch the ball aimlessly, tried to play with the ball and through the lines, and arguably should've won by more than we did.

Yes ... so let's drop the progressive football bollox now, until we have bucket loads of cash to buy elite players, and concentrate on being even better at playing transitionally

As everyone has been saying "evolution not revolution"