01:56, Thu 14 Dec
Love the bassa!

Had a laugh in the post match, lots of character and charisma. More so than John Eustace. And no cheap gold chain and standard fair weather post match interviews in sight! Honest, Open and straight to the point.

Thats what I need to here tbh.
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
03:18, Thu 14 Dec
It’s a win, which we probably deserved and that we desperately needed and it gives us a glimmer of hope.

We lose tonight and I don’t think there was any coming back but we got it, it gives us something to build on.

But 1 win is nothing if we lose the next 5. Credit to the team and the manager, let’s see how the next 5 go. Some very winnable games. 7-10 points from the next 5 and we may be in business.
03:36, Thu 14 Dec
Love the bassa!

Had a laugh in the post match, lots of character and charisma. More so than John Eustace. And no cheap gold chain and standard fair weather post match interviews in sight! Honest, Open and straight to the point.

Move on - you're embarrassing yourself with this obsession and your hatred of JE (which goes back well into last season) belittles you.

Let's hope things get better from here on in and Rooney drops this ridiculous notion of progressive football (as he did tonight), until he's given shed loads of Wagner's money to buy some elite players, and in the meantime remembers that he eventually got a win by reverting to transitional football.

It didn't take his predecessor 10 games to understand this simple principle - and remember that however much you mock JE that (apart from not being as big a revenue magnet as Rooney) he lost his job for being realistic, honest and not entertaining Cook/Wagner's ridiculous ideas in the short-term
04:34, Thu 14 Dec
He lost it because games 5 to 9 of the season we looked inept as we had done for a large portion of last season. At that point he was over 50 games into his reign and we were looking to barely lay a glove on our opponents at times.

It was frankly obvious he was never going to be someone who was going to take us to the next level, and sometimes you have to make tough decisions to do that.

The whole sixth place thing is all a bit daft, we were heading for a tough run of games and in reality would have dropped down. We were only a couple of points above 15th or something.

Time for you to move on.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
09:17, Thu 14 Dec
You're asking someone to move on by talking about the past? Just wierd.
Anyway up the Rooney and good luck to JE.
09:24, Thu 14 Dec
Bluemarc81
Love the bassa!

Bit odd.
09:24, Thu 14 Dec
Bluemarc81

I believe this is the toxicity that everyone is complaining about. It really does need to stop.
The cold never bothered me anyway
09:29, Thu 14 Dec
Rasputin
Bluemarc81

I believe this is the toxicity that everyone is complaining about. It really does need to stop.

Yep, ridiculous. I disagreed with the decision as much as anyone but lets move on now.
09:30, Thu 14 Dec
Charcy
He lost it because games 5 to 9 of the season we looked inept as we had done for a large portion of last season. At that point he was over 50 games into his reign and we were looking to barely lay a glove on our opponents at times.

It was frankly obvious he was never going to be someone who was going to take us to the next level, and sometimes you have to make tough decisions to do that.

The whole sixth place thing is all a bit daft, we were heading for a tough run of games and in reality would have dropped down. We were only a couple of points above 15th or something.

Time for you to move on.

I'm sure it's possible to be more wrong in a 5 line post, I'm just not sure how
09:45, Thu 14 Dec
Much better last night.

Was what I was hoping to see when he first came in. Solidity there in the defensive work but 15-20 yards higher up the pitch than previous seasons.

I think subs were also correct in timing and personnel.

A few different decisions when we make the turnover (or in time different players) and we could've won that by 4.

Just after I'd said sack for the first time after Coventry, so clearly I'm Rooney's inspiration.
09:54, Thu 14 Dec
lol, we pull out an important win and still the fanbase are being divisive.

I'm still basking in the after-win buzz

The world looks a lot brighter than it did a few days ago - if the rooney experiment carries on making progress then we haven't spunked an important £3m + a year up the wall. We can make solid plans for transfer windows and carry on making the progress the club has been making.

Effing buzzing.

Chaleneg Leicester - if we lose it's not the end of the world but we can't put in a Norwich-type performance. Then carry on setting up solid with a good shape, ease the players back into form (Dembele clicked on in the 2nd half), play through the lines, continue to develop JJ and ease in more progressive football.
09:55, Thu 14 Dec
Rasputin
Bluemarc81

Yep. We got a good win, let's leave the nonsense behind now.
Dan
09:58, Thu 14 Dec
Iain_Gavin
Charcy

Time for you to move on.

I'm sure it's possible to be more wrong in a 5 line post, I'm just not sure how

Explain which bits are wrong please.
10:10, Thu 14 Dec
Everbluesince92
Much better last night.

Was what I was hoping to see when he first came in. Solidity there in the defensive work but 15-20 yards higher up the pitch than previous seasons.

I think subs were also correct in timing and personnel.

A few different decisions when we make the turnover (or in time different players) and we could've won that by 4.

Just after I'd said sack for the first time after Coventry, so clearly I'm Rooney's inspiration.

Agree about the timing of the subs. Felt he's gone to Juke especially too early in games, often before or around the hour mark which has tended to kill any attacking momentum. Yesterday, apart from a 20 minute spell in the first half where we struggled, was a marked improvement all over the pitch
10:29, Thu 14 Dec
Dan
tbf, saying we were inept in games 5-9 is silly. Milwall, Preston and QPR were not inept performances, they were really competitive.

anyway, I agree with the general consensus, let's feel good about last night, highlight the positives, and look forwards with a bit more optimism.