12:27, Thu 14 Dec
So the legendary Essential Mix is 30 years old and BBC Sounds are running with 30 of their best mixes

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Some absolute belters there, some that i wouldnt agree with and missing some of the best IMHO but still worth a listen if you have the time or inclination
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
15:17, Thu 14 Dec
Nice one 👍

Some classics on there remember the weatherall & david Holmes where superb. I will check Jamie xx & trentmoller & four tet out & don’t think i caught the daft punk one so will give that a listen.

Surprised coldcut didn’t feature?
17:56, Thu 14 Dec
Paul Oakenfold Goa mix 👍
It's a new dawn, it's a new day
20:39, Thu 14 Dec
Yeah Holmes and Weatherall are both awesome. Nicholas Jaar is brilliant too (anything that starts with Angelo Badalamenti talking about composing the music for twin peaks with David lynch is good with me).
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
20:43, Thu 14 Dec
Oh and the daft punk one is ok but it's not a patch on their hot mix they did for radio 1 which was the essential mix that never happened

22:03, Thu 14 Dec
That Nicolas Jaar essential mix is up there with the best things I've ever heard.

Isn't the Daft Punk EM from Que Club in Brum? Saw them live at Global Gathering after they released Human after all. Danced me bollix off. But have always been jealous of those who saw them earlier.

Some excellent mixes in there. Some shite too.
22:23, Thu 14 Dec
Nice one 👍….. Sasha’s always been my DJ of choice since the early 90s
08:29, Fri 15 Dec
Not sure about the daft punk one to be honest. Tong doesn't mention about it being live whereas he does with others.
Never got to see them live which I'm gutted about, then and Frankie Knuckles are my 2 biggest regrets
08:36, Fri 15 Dec
Wilfred Owen

Of course. Saw "The Man Like" a couple of months back at the hare and hounds in kings heath 😎 he's still amazing

I'd have put his 1995 mix up there instead of either of the 2 they have even though they are great mixes
09:29, Fri 15 Dec
Saw knuckles at Code- amazing set.

Daft Punk at o2 Festival Harewood House- prob 10+ years ago.

I really miss my youth!
11:01, Fri 15 Dec
A_n_E
Wilfred Owen

Of course. Saw "The Man Like" a couple of months back at the hare and hounds in kings heath 😎 he's still amazing

I'd have put his 1995 mix up there instead of either of the 2 they have even though they are great mixes

Yeah absolutely re the 95 mix. Yeah that H@H gig sounded excellent from some mates I know who went. There’s a 92 Chuff Chuff boat party mix on YouTube of his which is just superb and possibly my favourite day/night out ever….. Used to travel to Venus in Nottingham if he was on….. always an event when he plays
12:25, Sun 17 Dec
I've got loads of chuff chuff mixes of Sasha's. I love the Winter Court one. Chuff chuff parties were the dogs bollocks