14:55, Thu 14 Dec
My wife and I are heading to Tallinn from 29th December to 3rd January. It’s for my 40th birthday!

Does anyone have a tips on things to do, places to go?

Also, the temperature: will it be Baltic?!
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
....will it be Baltic?!

Pretty much, feels like temperature is -10 today and not going to rise much over the next 14 days currently showing.

Don't bank on a heatwave arriving 😤
J_D
15:01, Thu 14 Dec
Made in Daegu

I do, but I'm a very secretive man and that would be Tallinn

Sorry
15:02, Thu 14 Dec
Made in Daegu
My wife and I are heading to Tallinn from 29th December to 3rd January. It’s for my 40th birthday!

Been twice, most recently end of October.

The city is quite small, so maybe think of a day trip to Helsinki on the ferry. Costs about 30 euros and is well worth it (although Finland ain’t cheap).

It will be cold.
15:36, Thu 14 Dec
El Mayor
Made in Daegu

Been twice, most recently end of October.

The city is quite small, so maybe think of a day trip to Helsinki on the ferry. Costs about 30 euros and is well worth it (although Finland ain’t cheap).

It will be cold.

As Mayor said it's quite a small but beautiful city, jump on the ferry to Helsinki for a day trip. Loads more things to do and I can come and meet you😀
At least he moment we are hovering between -4 and -10, in January expect it to be between -10 and -15 if the wind blows it gets really cold.
Texas cantina is a nice restaurant in Tallinn, Mayor and I ate there recently.
It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.
15:48, Thu 14 Dec
I go there for work x10 per year and was there at the weekend.

As Almajir and John Smullen have said firstly its a fantastic City to visit full of History and Scenery - Russian history as well as a scandanavian feel.

Its v cold at the moment and was -14 at the weekend. I am back in Jan and expect it to be the same. Wrap up and I mean wrap up the wind chill is a killer.

Old Town has loads of bars and places to eat which is a must do. Plenty of upmarket midmarket and local shops.

Airport transfer of bags is the fastest I have ever known ( and I have to travel a lot mainly Europe) and the airport although small its v neat modern and efficient - its a nice feeling on arrival.

Taxis everywhere (Mainly Bolt) are cheap as chips - download the app before you go. Try a tram ride and if they are running a BUs Tour round the City.

Get on the ferry to Helsinki although prepare for a hole in your pocket. Its expensive compared to Eesti.

If you like the nightlife - many places open from 9pm to dusk. It goes dark early and daylight is limied at that time of the year.

Enjoy it all you will have a great few days. Try a road trip to Tartu - lovely place.
15:50, Thu 14 Dec
One thing I advise you don't do (if you have a severe hangover as I did at the time) is visit the Estonian Maritime Museum in Seaplane Harbour and go on the Tallin ferry disaster reenactment exhibition.
HTH
We've only got Chewits
15:53, Thu 14 Dec
Project Furlong
One thing I advise you don't do (if you have a severe hangover as I did at the time) is visit the Estonian Maritime Museum in Seaplane Harbour and go on the Tallin ferry disaster reenactment exhibition.
HTH

I forgot about Seaplane Harbour. Absolute must as a visit, the sub and the icebreaker are ace to look around.
16:06, Thu 14 Dec
If you head to McDonalds when you are drunk make sure that you are ordering chicken nuggets and not battered cauliflower.
17:50, Thu 14 Dec
Always fancied going in December it looks brilliant. I'm too lazy to fly from anywhere other than bhx though.
17:55, Thu 14 Dec
Andy
If you head to McDonalds when you are drunk make sure that you are ordering chicken nuggets and not battered cauliflower.

“Why you hate the Villas?” [;)]
18:38, Thu 14 Dec
Olde Hansa Restaurant in the old town.

[www.oldehansa.ee]

They serve bear meat. Won't often get the chance to have that. Eerily cosy atmosphere.
Made in Daegu

Keep your eye out for the pro AustriHungarian regime, they are always invading!!
19:11, Thu 14 Dec
Head to Kadriorg Park especially if you like art. There are two art galleries there one more modern and another more contemporary.

If you like Depeche Mode, there's a bar in the town dedicated to them
22:01, Thu 14 Dec
J_D
Jameo
Made in Daegu

I do, but I'm a very secretive man and that would be Tallinn

Sorry

😂😂😂 made me laugh!
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)