09:00, Sat 16 Dec
For those that don't have 3 hours to sit through our waffling, here is a breakdown of each presentation from the recent Blues Open ...

10:34, Sat 16 Dec
This was the part of the Open House that I was interested in as there was no video released by the club on this aspect. It was an interesting discussion (thanks for sharing it) and I agreed with the majority of what was put forward. The one or two points I would argue with (RE Dan's comments) were at about 29:00

Even if we're 2-0 up and on the front foot, the opposition will still have the ball at times and will still put our defence under pressure, hence defensive errors might still happen. And even if we dominate possession, that doesn't mean that the ball is always going to be in our attacking third. But of course it's always better generally to try to have more possession and to get ahead and defend a winning position rather than vice-versa.

I also think that if defensive players make errors (as they have been) that this can still be the responsibility of the coaching team, not just the players themselves. Part of the coaches responsibility is to coach the players to make less errors and to coach them to be more able to play calmly while under pressure - especially if the playing style involves playing out from the back, then this has to be a priority.

It was interesting to hear from those who were there and saw the presentations and I found the comments about Craig Gardner particularly enlightening, because this is something I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere. I also think it's worth mentioning that the three of you bring slightly different things to the podcast table and that makes for a good blend of styles/knowledge. Thanks again.
17:34, Sat 16 Dec
Dan - you asked on the video what PPDA was .... it's "passes per defensive action" and is a statistical way developed to measure effectiveness of your pressing in a game.

In my opinion it's debateable whether it's a conclusive measurement - but i admit there is no other way of trying to measure "pressing" statistically
18:17, Sat 16 Dec
Rags
Dan - you asked on the video what PPDA was .... it's "passes per defensive action" and is a statistical way developed to measure effectiveness of your pressing in a game.

In my opinion it's debateable whether it's a conclusive measurement - but i admit there is no other way of trying to measure "pressing" statistically

Yeah the Blues Breakdown fella mentioned what it was when the original came out.