17:52, Sat 16 Dec
TV is on the blink and old- Sky contract is up
Anyone got a Sky glass TV - wondering if it is a a rip off and or b a crap piece of equipment
17:56, Sat 16 Dec
We have Sky Stream which is the same tech as Sky Glass just in a tiny box rather than built into the TV.

Pros: fast, the playlisting rather than recording is a good idea, being able to skip adverts is cool, no noticeable picture difference vs a satellite image.

Cons: less channels than traditional Sky, you cannot remote record/add to play list like you can with Sky Q.

My sister has the Sky Glass TV and she likes it. The TVs are big though (quite thick and heavy).
07:36, Sun 17 Dec
It’s not a rip off or crap however just be mindful there is no hard drive and everything is streamed.

You don’t have the ability to record anything any longer basically you add streams to your planner so say you put match of the day in (simply as this is a football based forum) to watch it, it would then go into the bbc iplayer app.

You’d also be able to stream every episode of match of the day rather than the one episode you’d have recorded if you had SkyQ for example but if you accessed the iplayer app on SkyQ you can do this so it’s nothing revolutionary in that aspect.

Everything is streamed so it’s only as good as your internet. Plus (and I know it’s rare) your internet goes down so does your tv.

Also while the ability to skip adverts is indeed cool you can’t do it while watching live tv obviously. But you can do that on SkyQ with your recordings too.

Biggest advantage is there is no dish on your wall any longer if you hate the thought of one.
07:40, Sun 17 Dec
I've had it for two years.A few teething problems to start with but,now it's all good.
08:19, Sun 17 Dec
I just want to add that i have had Virgin Stream for 14 months which is same concept. It is a little puck you plug into the hdmi.

Brings up an epg and you watch all freeview and a few more channels via stream irrespective of it is live or catchup.

You can then add channels such as sky sports for extra.

The main advantage for us was repositioning the tv somewhere that rerouting cables would have been a pain. Plus there is no subscription fee, i pay £25 for 200gb broadband, that is it.

Disadvantage is that football and other sports are always 30 seconds behind real “live”. Plus obviously the potential for your broadband to go down.
17:24, Sun 17 Dec
Thanks for the replies - thinking about getting the Glass TV set
17:59, Sun 17 Dec
Gave up sky a few months back. I don't think it's value for money at all. I know some people paying over 90 quid a month. Bugger that.
18:57, Sun 17 Dec
Tom TheProject Brady
We have Sky Stream which is the same tech as Sky Glass just in a tiny box rather than built into the TV.

Pros: fast, the playlisting rather than recording is a good idea, being able to skip adverts is cool, no noticeable picture difference vs a satellite image.

Cons: less channels than traditional Sky, you cannot remote record/add to play list like you can with Sky Q.

My sister has the Sky Glass TV and she likes it. The TVs are big though (quite thick and heavy).

How far behind is live sport?

(Theres a noticeable delay on skygo for eg)

If you had alerts on livescore would you get them before the stream live pictures?
19:57, Sun 17 Dec
Tom TheProject Brady

If you had alerts on livescore would you get them before the stream live pictures?

20-30 seconds.

Yes, most of the time you get score notifications before seeing it on your screen.
20:53, Sun 17 Dec
Tirn off score notifications while watching games then
21:02, Sun 17 Dec
Tirn off score notifications while watching games then

Why didn’t I think of that!!! 🙄
22:45, Sun 17 Dec
Tom TheProject Brady
Tom TheProject Brady

20-30 seconds.

Yes, most of the time you get score notifications before seeing it on your screen.[/quote

Tell me about it - i will be sat happily watching a game and the kids come running down stairs open the door and stand there watchign the telly just in time to see us score 'live'
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years