22:00, Sat 16 Dec
Just seen the news he had a cardiac arrest on the pitch, after having one in the play off final. Poor guy, hope he’s going to get the chance to play again.
22:01, Sat 16 Dec
I'd have thought not given this is the second time. It's a terrible thing but I think he has to take the Muamba route.
22:08, Sat 16 Dec
Yes retire. Life's worth more than football.

Wish him the best.

Become a coach or something.
22:16, Sat 16 Dec
bluer than blues
I'd have thought not given this is the second time. It's a terrible thing but I think he has to take the Muamba route.

Absolutely, I sort of meant at all, not as a professional.

Feel for the kid, he had heart surgery and was given the all clear, which must have been such an ordeal in itself.

Fingers crossed for him anyway.
22:24, Sat 16 Dec
I heard he passed out briefly at half time a couple of weeks ago. I do not know if it was related.

I can't see him being able to play again unless his problem can be resolved.
It's atrial fibrulation apparently, not the same issue as Muamba, but clearly he can't play with a high risk of collapse.
22:36, Sat 16 Dec
Thankfully, after what happened to Muamba, the pitch side assistance is so good now.

But as has been said, more important things than football. I know if I was told I couldn’t play again it would be a real punch in the gut, and I’m old and rubbish. At 29 that will be really tough.
22:45, Sat 16 Dec
And right now before he’s been told that it will be tougher for his family and friends/team mates.
From my experience anyway. You’re relieved to be alive they’re thinking of how long you’ll be alive and how your future will be affected
Tony Fantastico
23:13, Sat 16 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
And right now before he’s been told that it will be tougher for his family and friends/team mates.
From my experience anyway. You’re relieved to be alive they’re thinking of how long you’ll be alive and how your future will be affected

Fair play, you’ve been there, but at 29, Christ, it’s young to have your life plans shattered.
23:38, Sat 16 Dec
Absolutely. Terrible for him. But financially he’ll be ok I reckon. At 44 I had no choice but to get back to work eventually. He won’t have that burden I reckon if he gets to where we hope
Tony Fantastico
23:58, Sat 16 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Absolutely. Terrible for him. But financially he’ll be ok I reckon. At 44 I had no choice but to get back to work eventually. He won’t have that burden I reckon if he gets to where we hope

I agree to a degree, if you are used to living a certain way and thought you had 6-7 years left of it, but that’s gone. I’m not saying he’ll be poor but his lifestyle will have to change a lot sooner than he thought.

So yes, he’ll be fine financially in our world, but I’d imagine it will change his way of looking at finances in the world he’s used to.

Obviously there’s a lot of assumptions, I hope he’s got some good investements under his belt, but more importantly I hope he gets better and finds a path that suits him.

I just go back to being 29 and thinking what my world was like, I wasn’t ready to grow up then and he might be the same. But I’m sure he’ll be ok, still feel for the fella though.
06:31, Sun 17 Dec
I hope he will but I'm not sure Luton pay the kind of wages that make players financially future proof. They're known for being very, very clever with wages. You'd imagine he'd be entitled to some kind of insurance pay out?

Still, when it comes down to it being alive is the most important thing. Just have to hope he recovers well.
The two gents I work with in my department have had heart attacks, one was dead for 6 minutes, the other had a minor one.

And both came rushing back to work. So quick in fact, another work mate and I put in a plan of what we were going to do should one of them go through it again, one of which includes me doing a 300 meter sprint to the defib and back.

I wish companies had stronger policies on this
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.