18:38, Mon 18 Dec
My lad has just broken down on way home from work. Car lost power and seems battery is flat. He asked for jump leads but my understanding ( uninformed admittedly is tat if he had just driven 20 miles and started ok when he left work. It won't be a flat battery as the car would have charged it it as he drove along. Probably alternator?
Don't want his wife to drive 20 miles to him and fiddle about with jump leads on an A road if it aint going to work
Speedy Advice appreciated

BTW 2-1 to Blues tonight
18:46, Mon 18 Dec
Even if the alternator has failed, or the belt has come off/is slipping, you should still be able to start it via a set of leads.

It could still be a knackered battery, that won't charge as it's dried out. Unusual, but possible.

Edit... A knackered alternator, loose belt etc, would mean the car will run on the battery until it runs out of charge.
18:54, Mon 18 Dec
He just called me and he managed to bump start it by pushing and jumping in then ignition- hopefully it will get home
Thanks for reply
18:55, Mon 18 Dec
Once the car is started, unless he stalled it, then it should carry on running till its switched off, even with a knacked battery or alternator. If its conked out then something else has gone, any idea of the symptoms?
19:03, Mon 18 Dec
Alternator
19:13, Mon 18 Dec
Not had a chance to interrogate him yet
19:15, Mon 18 Dec
In the olden days when I was more scared than I am. My mini printer and it was an alternator problem so now it absolutely nothing. I tried to replace the alternator myself. I've got it put back in but couldn't get it to work. So I thought:
Car won't start call the AA home start. Car won't start call the AA home start. He ate a guy came and had a poke around gave me a look and said you tried to put this in the south Avenue. So I festered and he laughed and said I'll fix it for you. It's a nightmareAA a guy came and had a poke around gave me a look and said you tried to put this in yourself. So I fessed and he laughed and said I'll fix it for you. What a nice man
19:17, Mon 18 Dec
Wow what are drinking ?
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
19:17, Mon 18 Dec
Bobharford
In the olden days when I was more scared than I am. My mini printer and it was an alternator problem so now it absolutely nothing. I tried to replace the alternator myself. I've got it put back in but couldn't get it to work. So I thought:
Car won't start call the AA home start. Car won't start call the AA home start. He ate a guy came and had a poke around gave me a look and said you tried to put this in the south Avenue. So I festered and he laughed and said I'll fix it for you. It's a nightmareAA a guy came and had a poke around gave me a look and said you tried to put this in yourself. So I fessed and he laughed and said I'll fix it for you. What a nice man

Is this auto-correct inspired abstract art?
19:18, Mon 18 Dec
Check the battery cables are tight & not corroded at the battery and the earth connection ie check both ends of the battery cables . Remove from battery , clean & refit .
19:34, Mon 18 Dec
Keyboard is faked- translations is extra
19:35, Mon 18 Dec
See? FEKKED
19:35, Mon 18 Dec
Will let him know that
Cheers
19:37, Mon 18 Dec
Bobharford

Nobody like an alternator in the south avenue.
19:39, Mon 18 Dec
Tha Project OBE
Alternator
Sometimes it's the alternator, sometimes it isn't.