08:50, Tue 19 Dec
Although two of the goals were very naive last night, the second one could easily have been avoided but it looks like Rooney may have found a good balance with our play.

We attack well, transition well and defensively we have looked better. One big noticeable difference is the effort levels seem to have risen massively, may be due to it not being an all out press and attack for 90 minutes so players fitness lasts.

Next few games will be a real sign of if this is the plan. Can see winning a lot more games that we lose going forward if so.
08:51, Tue 19 Dec
naive - yes, but a different keeper and centre backs and I don't think we concede either of the first 2.
08:53, Tue 19 Dec
Iain_Gavin
naive - yes, but a different keeper and centre backs and I don't think we concede either of the first 2.

I honestly could not believe how slow Sanderson was. A deep line really masks certain attributes.
08:55, Tue 19 Dec
Me too - mentioned on another post I thought he had a bit of pace about him, but watching him and Roberts chase after Dewsbury Hall (who is hardly an olympic sprinter) was worrying
09:09, Tue 19 Dec
We shouldn’t have allowed ourselves to be in a situation where they were two on one for the first goal and I can’t remember which of our players it was but should have just fouled for the second to stop the break and taken a yellow card if necessary. Both avoidable and yes very naive,
09:11, Tue 19 Dec
PRBlue
We shouldn’t have allowed ourselves to be in a situation where they were two on one for the first goal and I can’t remember which of our players it was but should have just fouled for the second to stop the break and taken a yellow card if necessary. Both avoidable and yes very naive,

Was Buchanan I think, could of just taken the yellow - Rooney said same after the game.
09:15, Tue 19 Dec
Yeah, we're far from the finished article - our defensive game needs a lot of work. Two good performances though and let's see if we can carry it on against Plymouth.
09:15, Tue 19 Dec
Blues didn't help themselves starting slowly in the second half.

Should Bielik have gone off 20 mins earlier, he looked leggy.

Some great performances across the team, loved some of the harrying by Sunjic, must have put some metres in last night.

Not sure who nicked the refs cards before the game and the kop side lino didn't know the offside rule.

Thought the opposition were well organised and knew how to get a tune out of the ref. (same one who did Southampton away?)
09:16, Tue 19 Dec
Yeah I think the high line/press exposes the lack of pace in defence, saying that, if Laird is playing I think he catches both of them for the first 2 goals.
09:21, Tue 19 Dec
First goal yes - second goal he wouldn't have been anywhere near - full backs were pushed up it was the 2 centre halves who got exposed.
09:25, Tue 19 Dec
Iain_Gavin
Me too - mentioned on another post I thought he had a bit of pace about him, but watching him and Roberts chase after Dewsbury Hall (who is hardly an olympic sprinter) was worrying

If anything Roberts was faster of the two. V surprising. You mentioned Ruddy was over committed (I think) on the first two goals. I think that’s true on the first when he was in no man’s land and I think made the finish easier (albeit it was cute), not so on the second where he had to come out and their player did well to round him.
09:45, Tue 19 Dec
Big difference for me and a few sat near me last night was the difference in speed of the transition. Leicester just got the ball and headed straight for goal, we always seemed to take an extra touch, step, or sideways pass etc. Accept they are mostly Prem players but that was how they caught us on the break and we didn't do the same to them.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:45, Tue 19 Dec
The issue for me is if we are going to play a six man high press why are both full backs high up the pitch as well especially against a team with so much pace and quality. We played really well in patches but their finishing was actually quite poor and the final score could have been a lot worse,
09:55, Tue 19 Dec
PRBlue

Tbf they got very lucky, James won the ball and hit it back towards goal, it just hit there bloke in the chest and landed straight at his feet.
I do agree we should've just took a card after that happened though, I think we were a bit too naive making clever fouls, Leicester were doing it all game and breaking up the play.
10:04, Tue 19 Dec
We still have some key players out. Maybe they’ll be out forever.