10:12, Tue 19 Dec
JJ
Buchanan

That's it, the rest are injury prone, poor on the ball or too lightweight.

Huge overhaul needed in the summer.
10:16, Tue 19 Dec
Sunik
JJ
Buchanan

That's it, the rest are injury prone, poor on the ball or too lightweight.

Huge overhaul needed in the summer.

Do we have the money for a huge overhaul?

This season might be about Rooney learning to adopt his demands from the side to what we have available, with a few key new players added in the summer up front and in goal.
10:20, Tue 19 Dec
I’d agree they are the two that stand out but I think there is hope for some others.

The centre of the park and goalkeeper are clearly areas that are high priority to address with this style going forward. Bielek and Sunjic just are just never going to be suited. They are fine sitting in front at screening a low block defense but Bielek hasn’t the energy and Sunjic the passing accuracy required….imo
10:23, Tue 19 Dec
Wilfred Owen
I’d agree they are the two that stand out but I think there is hope for some others.

The centre of the park and goalkeeper are clearly areas that are high priority to address with this style going forward. Bielek and Sunjic just are just never going to be suited. They are fine sitting in front at screening a low block defense but Bielek hasn’t the energy and Sunjic the passing accuracy required….imo

Nice to have that as an option in a transition period if we must have one.

We need to do the classic strengthening of the spine of the team. Keeper. Centre half. Centre mid. Centre forward.
10:24, Tue 19 Dec
This style of play definitely highlights players' weaknesses.

From the squad last night, I'd say:

Ruddy - No
Aiwu - No
Sanderson - Not looking good but could grow into it
Roberts - No
Buchanan - Yes
Bielik - No, decent sub option
Sunjic - No
James - Yes
Bacuna - Possibly
Dembele - Possibly
Stansfield - Yes but he'll be off

From the bench, only Miyoshi (probably) and Donovan will be here next year.

Laird will fit into the team well when he's not crocked and Drameh is a decent option if we keep him.

George Hall maybe? Anderson would probably look good playing this style. Who knows if Tyler Roberts is any good at all.

So yes, lots of work to do.
10:30, Tue 19 Dec
We handed out some lengthy contracts in the Summer in order to afford the number of players we signed, so injury prone or not they won't be going anywhere unless Club's are willing to bid on them.

We know the players who are out of contract and will be leaving which gives us some flexibility in the Summer transfer market.

But FFP budgeting will mean I can't see any major overhauls of the squad taking place.
10:32, Tue 19 Dec
With the increase in revenue and all the big earners off the books we will have money to spend next summer.

It wouldn’t surprise me if some like JJ went for big money too.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:37, Tue 19 Dec
I don't know what is he making? Cake or a jelly?
10:40, Tue 19 Dec
Nah, I disagree. We were outclassed by a much better side so sure, if we’re playing Leicester every week, we need a big overhaul but that’s not the case.

We do need some more players in but if the play like they did last night (the effort, the passing and so on), we’ll win more than we lose in this division.
10:44, Tue 19 Dec
But Leicester are where we want to get to, and we are absolutely miles off...
10:48, Tue 19 Dec
Sunik
But Leicester are where we want to get to, and we are absolutely miles off...

Have you seen the cost of their squad?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:56, Tue 19 Dec
Miles off is underselling it. We’re years and years away from having a squad like Leicester’s. We need to focus on being able to regularly beat the majority of teams in this league that didn’t cost 20x what we can afford.

We’ll never had a squad like Leicester’s without first getting promoted and then hanging around in the Prem for a while….
11:04, Tue 19 Dec
I think the only players who played last night that'll be starting regularly for us next season are:

Buchanan
James
Bacuna
Dembele
Miyoshi

I'm not sure Stansfield is as out of reach as people say, he would also be on the list.
H

Consistently correct.
11:04, Tue 19 Dec
BlueStorm
We handed out some lengthy contracts in the Summer in order to afford the number of players we signed, so injury prone or not they won't be going anywhere unless Club's are willing to bid on them.

We know the players who are out of contract and will be leaving which gives us some flexibility in the Summer transfer market.

But FFP budgeting will mean I can't see any major overhauls of the squad taking place.

Next season, we lose 21/22 off the FFP period, which I think was a 21m loss, we have the new TV deal worth 8m more per season, we will have definitely increased revenue, jude's sell on clause will have helped massively too and not to mention we have a lot of big earners out of contract this summer, so I expect us to have a fair amount available within FFP to spend a bit this summer.
11:12, Tue 19 Dec
brummiestu87
BlueStorm

Next season, we lose 21/22 off the FFP period, which I think was a 21m loss, we have the new TV deal worth 8m more per season, we will have definitely increased revenue, jude's sell on clause will have helped massively too and not to mention we have a lot of big earners out of contract this summer, so I expect us to have a fair amount available within FFP to spend a bit this summer.

From memory the only (non youth) players still here next summer are:

Sanderson
Laird
Buchanan
Bielek
Bacuna
T Roberts (eff sake)
Miyoshi
Dembele
James
Longelo

We aren't really laden with big long expensive contracts there are we?

Only one looks to be a problem and that's Sicknote Roberts. Longelo will be on utter peanuts.

Bielek is a very good player in poor form and an unusual system, he will be a big player for us.

We'll have big money to spend in the summer and the bones of a decent creative squad.

I'm enthused.
H

Consistently correct.