21:41, Thu 21 Dec
...dreadful challenge by Nacho in the Real Madrid game...VAR rightly changed it to a Red 😤
21:54, Thu 21 Dec
Ye I've heard. Will have to look at that.
21:54, Thu 21 Dec
bluearmyfaction
Bcfc 26
Fans don't like each other for some reason
There was a series of niggly Cup ties in the late seventies, lots of broken legs and Alan Mullery agitating the crowd. At one point Brighton had a penalty disallowed for encroachment after a Palace player shoved a Brighton player into the box.

I think for a long time though Palace was, technically, Brighton's closest League team...

"The two teams are unusually distant for an English football rivalry, but until Crawley Town were promoted to the Football League in 2011, Crystal Palace was the nearest Football League club to Brighton, about 40 miles north."
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
21:57, Thu 21 Dec
You're too young to remember the left side right side scraps on the Tilton. Can't play ourselves but we certainly have history between our own fans.

Very minor skirmishes, really, like a training exercise.
22:54, Thu 21 Dec
Brighton’s Seagulls nickname also comes as a direct retort to Palace’s Eagles, they weren’t called the Seagulls at all until this rivalry in the late 70s.

I suspect these clubs are just about closer to each other than Ipswich is to Norwich, which is considered a derby by most.
08:49, Fri 22 Dec
Surely if they want to call it a derby, then let them. At least they’ve got a derby that they get to play twice a year unlike us.
09:04, Fri 22 Dec
Hagley Blue
Surely if they want to call it a derby, then let them. At least they’ve got a derby that they get to play twice a year unlike us.

WBA not a derby then?

Coventry not a derby then?
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
09:10, Fri 22 Dec
According to a lot of Blues fans no. I would say yes personally.

Anyway, I’m sure you know the point I was trying to make (in an admittedly ham fisted way)