09:10, Fri 22 Dec
Never heard them before, I prefer this to the original version.

They were biggish in the 70’s. Well known, anyway.
09:44, Fri 22 Dec
I saw this a couple of weeks ago. I love the original and so was looking for covers of it. I'd never heard of Fanny but this is a great cover.
10:55, Fri 22 Dec
Brilliant cover, I have never heard of them before.

Big decision to go into the tune not playing the brilliant riff from the original.

It would have been an unknown Beatles song at the time, it was pretty unknown until 1999/2000.

It was on the most obscure Beatles album, Yellow Submarine and was hardly included in the film.
The album was largely unbought at the time as it wasn't really an album 'proper'.
It had other songs that were already on previous albums and some nonsense tracks from the film.

The Beatles were shooting the 'Lady Madonna' video in the studio but as they always wanted to be making new music they decided to work / record Hey Bulldog and the video for Lady Madonna can just be clips from that.

It was only in 1999 that the footage from the session was correctly matched up to the original song of Hey Bulldog and effectively unearthed the tune to a new audience.

'It's All Too Much' a Harrison song also off Yellow Submarine is a song I only really discovered over the last few years which sounds in parts very Stone Roses 20+ years earlier.
According to Wikipedia, Fanny toured with Slade and then Jethro Tull, in the UK. I can see why they were appreciated, over here.

Useless Beatles/Stone Roses trivia about I am the Resurrection

According to Reni, the track originated when Mani played the riff of The Beatles classic ‘Taxman’ backwards.

Reni said: “Mani would play the riff backwards during sound-checks and we played along over the top for a laugh. Finally, we said, Let’s do this joke-song properly and see what happens"
14:33, Fri 22 Dec
I saw them support Jethro Tull on the Warchild tour.
20:42, Sat 23 Dec
foghorn leghorn
Never heard them before, I prefer this to the original version.

They certainly stimulated me. I enjoyed this
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield