12:22, Sat 23 Dec
Like the scum who cut down the Hadrian's Wall tree

Absolute w***ers

Hopefully the video of their brazen act will result in them being caught and dealt with
12:28, Sat 23 Dec
Banksy stole his whole art style and isn't wholly respected in the art world.

It's quite fitting that it has been stolen.
12:32, Sat 23 Dec
Nothings truly unique.
13:03, Sat 23 Dec
I mean... look at Blek le Rat's work and then look at Banksy's work...

There's a difference between a lack of unique-ness and plagiarism.
13:24, Sat 23 Dec
And the fact that his 'Art' basically consisted of vandalising a road sign.

Good luck to the person who stole it (not that they will ever be able to sell it on unless it was stolen to order).

👍to the cleaner who wiped off his art vandalism on a tube train a few years back as well.
13:52, Sat 23 Dec
It’s art because it makes people stop and think, if they’re capable of such thought. The subject and location work in tandem to create a thought provoking comment, usually on urban decay under an indifferent and/or cruel government rather than it being indiscriminate tagging. Art’s purpose is to make people feel and think - two things your average Brit avoids at all costs.

And yes, Banksy is a le Rat tribute act but at least he’s doing something good with his “vandalism’.
13:54, Sat 23 Dec
Fair play to them IMO. Working people should take whatever they can get their hands on. Hope their families are set for life.
15:03, Sat 23 Dec
If anyone took down a stop sign without a Banksy on it, it would be theft. It’s still theft with the Banksy on it.

I hope they get caught and charged.
15:11, Sat 23 Dec
yeehaw
Fair play to them IMO. Working people should take whatever they can get their hands on. Hope their families are set for life.
So you'd be fine with someone dismantling the Iron Man or Ozzy and selling it for scrap? Public amenities which give people pleasure by their existence should be stolen by subhuman scum? Send 'em down for 10 years.
15:13, Sat 23 Dec
I'm sure you'll agree the police have more pressing issues to deal with than *checks notes* tracking down and prosecuting a bloke stealing a road sign with some paint on it
15:14, Sat 23 Dec
bluearmyfaction
yeehaw
So you'd be fine with someone dismantling the Iron Man or Ozzy and selling it for scrap? Public amenities which give people pleasure by their existence should be stolen by subhuman scum? Send 'em down for 10 years.

I'd be impressed if Ozzy got sold for scrap, he's mostly made of foam.
15:18, Sat 23 Dec
bluearmyfaction
yeehaw

Apples and oranges mate. Banksy graffiti isn't commissioned art. And if not this bloke, some other fanny would have taken it.

I'd much prefer a working person "steal" and benefit than the council take it down, only for it to inevitably end up in the hands of some aristocrat, life peer or major donor.

"Subhuman scum"? 10 years in jail? Come off it, please. People who venerate the state and its institutions -- British ones at that -- are brainwashed. The state wouldn't piss on you to put a fire out.

Try cheering for members of your class instead. I guarantee you that Banksy is pleased with the result.
15:25, Sat 23 Dec
bluearmyfaction
yeehaw

Apples and oranges mate. Banksy graffiti isn't commissioned art. And if not this bloke, some other fanny would have taken it.

I'd much prefer a working person "steal" and benefit than the council take it down, only for it to inevitably end up in the hands of some aristocrat, life peer or major donor.

"Subhuman scum"? 10 years in jail? Come off it, please. People who venerate the state and its institutions -- British ones at that -- are brainwashed. The state wouldn't piss on you to put a fire out.

Try cheering for members of your class instead. I guarantee you that Banksy is pleased with the result.

How do you know the perpetrator was working class, and not a weathy art dealer for instance?
15:27, Sat 23 Dec
I'm sure you'll agree the police have more pressing issues to deal with than *checks notes* tracking down and prosecuting a bloke stealing a road sign with some paint on it

‘Checks notes’ -really 😂

Theft is theft unless you just want to make up the laws as you go along, presumably from some notes you’ve made before just in case you forget.
15:29, Sat 23 Dec
yeehaw
Doesn't matter who commissioned it. It's not theirs to steal. And it's hardly a defence to say that someone would have stolen it.

No respect for the laws which bind us all to make society. So if they can't live by society's laws, they should be kept away till they learn.