19:49, Sun 24 Dec
I need to get myself sorted as I have been diagnosed as pre diabetic and have high blood pressure.

What have you done with success?

Low carb, mediterranean,slimfast?
20:03, Sun 24 Dec
I cut back on carbs , knocked Guinness on the head , took soup for lunch at work instead of sandwiches and lost 32lb in about 3 months. That was 12 years ago and still do the same . Good luck
20:05, Sun 24 Dec
I have Guinness if on a (rare) session
20:31, Sun 24 Dec
I know it’s obvious and you’ll need to do something diet wise along side, but get some exercise. Assuming you don’t already (and apologies if you do) it will genuinely change your life. I honestly reckon if you give it a go, there’s a decent chance an hour’s run on a weekend at whatever pace you feel ok at might become the best bit of your weekend.
20:41, Sun 24 Dec
Good luck but this is really no time to be asking. Come back a week tomorrow and we'll all be volunteering to join in with you.
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
21:14, Sun 24 Dec
same boat,get on the statin stuffing
22:27, Sun 24 Dec
Without going into a full analysis of your lifestyle it hard to say e a fly what’s going to work for you.

Pre lockdown I was going to the gym 4 times a week and only drinking at weekends but that all went out the window. I got into bad habits and put on 2 1/2 stone by the end of last year and was in a similar predicament to you.

I’ve worked on what’s sustainable because going all in will lead to failure.

Cut back on drinking, if you have 20 drinks a week just try to limit it to 15 (still above the guidelines but still saving you 1,000 calories per week)
. Do some exercise that you enjoy that you can commit 15 minutes per day provided no they raise your heart rate
Increase your steps, you don’t have to do 10,000 a day but just do more than you did last year if that was 5,000 a day then try to aim for 6,000
Cut back on the refined carbs and find an alternative to them

Lots of little changes worked for me but you have to find what works for you
23:27, Sun 24 Dec
I need to get myself sorted as I have been diagnosed as pre diabetic and have high blood pressure.

Cut the shit. You know what that is.
Cut the sugar.
Cut the booze.

Stir fries. Porridge. Nuts. Fruit. Green cruciferous veg.

Dont snack between meals.

Then introduce exercise.

Remember do something you can maintain.

Merry Christmas.
Benny Kurns

Go for a walk ( 30 mins minimum) after evening meal.
You should notice weight drop off after a while if you sticking to your new regime and being good

It wasn't easy but i also didn't eat anything after my evening mail
It wasn't easy but i also didn't eat anything after my evening mail

Don’t think I’d have the stomach for anything after that crap either.
05:47, Mon 25 Dec
Top advice

I put type 2 in remission doing the same.

Wife has just controlled her pre diabetes on similar advice.

Rolled oats are a good breakfast filler with some fruit.

There is a book called Carbs and Calories which gives a detailed breakdown of what to eat.

All about will power.
07:42, Mon 25 Dec
Benny Kurns

Exercise, exercise, exercise.

I run or swim 6 days week. I eat what I want. I rarely drink but could certainly drink more and still be healthy.

Each day, I have porridge for breakfast and eat 4 or 5 pieces for fruit.

I haven’t always lead this lifestyle but since I became really disciplined with exercise, I’ve never felt better.

Also, a good sleep routine is important.

You can do this mate!
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
11:32, Mon 25 Dec
Buy Jason Fungs book. Follow the advice.

Buy the first Katie Caldesi book.

Learn about glucose.

Don’t buy any books by the money grubbing charlatan Michael Moseley.

Ignore anything the bloody half wits on here say.

Happy effing Christmas
11:33, Mon 25 Dec
Ignored 😉
11:34, Mon 25 Dec
Reported