13:02, Tue 26 Dec
It might be worth getting hold of a copy of The Glucose Godess. Have no idea how effective the advice is but it’s worth a read.

I was delighted to read this morning, that our health secretary, married to a managing Director of a sugar company, is doing feck all to adress the obesity epidemic
LBN
13:11, Tue 26 Dec
IanT
Recommending keto diets for diabetics can be very dangerous.

You personally have never seen any literature that demonstrates any danger of the Keto diet, so please stop scaremongering.

IanT
If it were simply about losing weight then maybe, but there are other risks when trying to avoid type 2 diabetes.

Diabetes is chronic elevated blood sugar, that is how it is diagnosed and that is what causes the damage to vulnerable tissues and cells, the Keto diet is the best diet for lowering blood sugar.

[pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

IanT
They found that keto diets don't allow the body to properly use insulin

yes, the body does not respond well to being fed pure glucose when in a ketogenic state, but who cares? this is like worrying about a lack of oxygen on Mars.

IanT
I'm a type 1 diabetic (genetic) and it's took me a very long time to come to terms with how the body (and my body) copes with carbs and to manage glucose levels effectively.

if you wish to manage glucose levels effectively then you should look in to Dr Jason Fungs work and the Keto diet.
13:30, Tue 26 Dec
Tha Project OBE
It might be worth getting hold of a copy of The Glucose Godess. Have no idea how effective the advice is but it’s worth a read.

I was delighted to read this morning, that our health secretary, married to a managing Director of a sugar company, is doing feck all to adress the obesity epidemic

Why would they, none of them care apart from their own interests.
21:19, Tue 26 Dec
IanT
Recommending keto diets for diabetics can be very dangerous.

I disagree with you but I am not a Doctor or a Nutritionist. If you have a health condition you maybe well advised to see both. However the OP asked the question What have you done with success?

I have struggled with my weight since I was about 30 and been on two successful diets and God knows how many unsuccessful diets, But the Keto diet was a game changer, you never feel hungry and you lose weight.