19:15, Tue 26 Dec
After the Coventry defeat I was all for binning Rooney but the next 3 games gave me hope that it was slowly coming together. Now I am utterly deflated again. Can we trust Rooney with any transfer activity in Jan..? Is John O'Shea letting Rooney down or are all 3 coaches unable to work together..?
We have a defensive crises. Are our players that bad that playing with most behind the ball and on the couter attack hid this..? I am really at a loss in what to think now. Lets have an honest open debate with honest thoughts and no name calling etc
WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE..?
Is it down to the lake I fear?
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
19:20, Tue 26 Dec
It was never coming together mate...

Albeit Sandersons individual errors were at fault for two goals tonight .....

Time for a chamge of management and captaincy I'm afraid
19:22, Tue 26 Dec

Ah-yah-yah-yah-yah-yah
I have backed him from the start. I want us to play front footed football, and in spits and spats, we have.

But every time we seem to make progress, we revert back to type.

No press, no heart, no defending.

I like Wayne, I completely disagree with the personal insults he gets launched at him. But, this is a results business and his style of no fear, front foot football isn't working.

Sadly, because I desperately wanted him to work it out, I think it is time to go.

Mowbray for me until the end of the season, and then Cook and Wagner can work out what the summer looks like. A summer in which I cannot wait to wave a fair few players goodbye.

I didn't think we'd do much other than midtable this season, but its quickly turned sour and I feel like we're back where we have been after a decent start.

Up the fecking Blues, build the team around JJ and Donovan, brilliant academy lads and really do put the effort in.
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.
19:23, Tue 26 Dec
Partisan Blues Fan
After the Coventry defeat I was all for binning Rooney but the next 3 games gave me hope that it was slowly coming together. Now I am utterly deflated again. Can we trust Rooney with any transfer activity in Jan..? Is John O'Shea letting Rooney down or are all 3 coaches unable to work together..?
We have a defensive crises. Are our players that bad that playing with most behind the ball and on the couter attack hid this..? I am really at a loss in what to think now. Lets have an honest open debate with honest thoughts and no name calling etc
WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE..?

I was on board with Rooney but I am creeping towards the he has to go side now. Yes individuals are making mistakes but surely the sensible thing to do if you haven’t got the players you need is to scrape wins and/or to be hard to play against until you get players you believe can play how you want.

Last 3 games we did look to be playing better but when all is said and done we have conceded 9 in 3 games now. No matter how great you attack you can’t need to score 4 goals to win.

I don’t believe he can turn it around but hopefully he proves a lot of us wrong.
19:24, Tue 26 Dec
Barking Poslethwaite

Ay ay ay ay ay ay ay…

Can I call ?
bruggeaway
It was never coming together mate...

Albeit Sandersons individual errors were at fault for two goals tonight .....

Time for a chamge of management and captaincy I'm afraid

Agree, too much made of beating Cardiff who were poor and losing to Leics 'gloriously' even though it was clear they had the handbrake on, a more comfortable 2-3 away win as you will never see.

45 good minutes v ipswich and lets be honest our 2nd goal came at right time against run of play, otherwise ipswich win 1-2, 1-3.

As you say, it never has really come together
19:31, Tue 26 Dec
tool
Barking Poslethwaite

Ay ay ay ay ay ay ay…

Can I call ?

Whatever. It's certainly not Fantastic Day.
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
It's become toxic and once it's toxic it very rarely works out. Rooney should be sacked tonight based on the poor performances, poor results and leaking goals every week since he arrived. Players are not performing for him.

Cook, Dale, Wagner, if you're reading this, please don't let the inevitable sacking drag out. Cut your losses, admit failure and go again with a proven manager.

Lets head into the 2024 with a fresh start and get the Knighthead feel good factor back we all enjoyed in the summer.

You know the above makes sense. Along with every member on this forum.
For me, its not working.
Its divided fans.

And people keep saying he needs time. Yeah, maybe. But i dont particularly want to see us spend millions to make it work.

It didnt work with zola or Arry. Throwing money at it isnt the answer.

We really were in a better position on and off the field under J.E. and in typical bcfc fashion we shoot ourselves in the foot.

I like the owners ambitions etc but its not working at all and for me never looked like it.

I feel like the players bought into the club when John was in charge. Now they look like they have no belief.
The White Swan after 55 minutes. Work tomorrow. Bastards there as well.
Tony Fantastico
19:36, Tue 26 Dec
The first sentence here for me is key, I’m sure there are 1 or 2 examples but I can’t think of a manager turning things around when it has become so toxic. Add in that he has absolutely no credit in the bank with the fans to start with.
19:36, Tue 26 Dec
StechyBlue
For me, its not working.
Its divided fans.

And people keep saying he needs time. Yeah, maybe. But i dont particularly want to see us spend millions to make it work.

It didnt work with zola or Arry. Throwing money at it isnt the answer.

We really were in a better position on and off the field under J.E. and in typical bcfc fashion we shoot ourselves in the foot.

I like the owners ambitions etc but its not working at all and for me never looked like it.

I feel like the players bought into the club when John was in charge. Now they look like they have no belief.

Absolutely agree with this
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19:40, Tue 26 Dec
1 step forwards and 2 steps back it seems. We can't keep a clean sheet and we're not prolific going forward. We need to score at least 2 a game to stand a chance of winning.

I'm still in the Rooney in camp. I think Ruddy needs to be dropped or replaced asap and we need at least 1 new centre half and a number 9 in January.

Things take time. It's individual errors at the moment.