19:38, Tue 26 Dec
I believe the only choice Wayne has is to resign.
The longer this goes on his reputation is getting dragged into the gutter.
I respect that reputation ( as a player) but surely he doesn't need the money so why should he carry on with this continued under achievement,he really doesn't want to be sacked because that would be such a big negative in his career.
So Wayne grow a pair and get on the phone to Mr Wagner.
19:39, Tue 26 Dec
He’s not going to resign. Forget it.
19:40, Tue 26 Dec
jaspersbovril
I believe the only choice Wayne has is to resign.
The longer this goes on his reputation is getting dragged into the gutter.
I respect that reputation ( as a player) but surely he doesn't need the money so why should he carry on with this continued under achievement,he really doesn't want to be sacked because that would be such a big negative in his career.
So Wayne grow a pair and get on the phone to Mr Wagner.

No chance

Said in his 1st interview.. “I thrive on pressure”
19:42, Tue 26 Dec
Over the top. He needs time. I agree if things don't improve by late February it will need looking at but calling for him to quit or be sacked after every defeat is boring. The last 3 games before tonight were promising.
19:45, Tue 26 Dec
Ribeye
Over the top. He needs time. I agree if things don't improve by late February it will need looking at but calling for him to quit or be sacked after every defeat is boring. The last 3 games before tonight were promising.
I agree
19:46, Tue 26 Dec
He’s not going to be sacked either. So we’re stuck regardless.
19:48, Tue 26 Dec
Ribeye

This, don't concern yourself with it.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
19:49, Tue 26 Dec
Ribeye

You may be accepting of this mediocrity until February but I feel if we hang on that long we will be a lot closer to the relegation zone or in it.

For me we saw some improvements in the past three games but not enough that warrants keeping him. 2 wins out of 12 is awful form. Being nice we have only performed well on 4 of those 12 games. I think it is time to cut loose before we give him a January window . There are a lot of realistic choices that would improve use such as Cooper, Evatt, Mousinho or Diego Martinez.
19:50, Tue 26 Dec
No way he's resigning before he gets a decent transfer window to shape his own team. He's young with high managerial aspirations. Unless we drop into real trouble, Wayne's here to stay.
19:51, Tue 26 Dec
Ribeye

Exactly this. We could win the next game, but if we lost the one after we would have the same posts.

I find absolutely laughable that the players are not being criticised more! Yes Rooney puts the team out, but I for one dont think he is exactly asking the players to reinvent the wheel.

Laird/Drameh, Buchanan maybe even Long in that side tonight its not a defeat.

Ruddy, Sanderson, Bielik and to some extent Bacuna (although I feel he is in the Rooney camp) really need to take a long look at themselves.
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
19:54, Tue 26 Dec
Passmore
Unless we drop into real trouble, Wayne's here to stay.

I believe every other club in the league has got more points than us in the last 13 games?

We ARE in real trouble. Some fans need a reality check.
The cold never bothered me anyway
20:05, Tue 26 Dec
He is the wrong person for the job and the strategy is all wrong too. It's blatantly obvious that trying to force this group of players to suddenly play this way isn't working and was never going to. If they want to proceed with adjusting the playing style in this manner, it's clear that they need to do it carefully, piece by piece over an extended period of time while they slowly but surely replace the playing staff with higher quality replacements. Build the new squad first, change playing style second (IE along the way, bit by bit, slowly but surely).
20:09, Tue 26 Dec
Ribeye

So that’d be Ipswich away then, Ribeye, on 24th Feb. Based on his record to date that’d be 7 points from the next 10 games, putting us on 37 points from 37 games. Sounds pretty high risk.
20:17, Tue 26 Dec
Mr Driscoll
Ribeye

So that’d be Ipswich away then, Ribeye, on 24th Feb. Based on his record to date that’d be 7 points from the next 10 games, putting us on 37 points from 37 games. Sounds pretty high risk.

How can anyone say how many points he'll get from them 10 games? His record to date is irrelevant for the next 10 games. He'll have players back from injury (Roberts and Anderson for a start, not sure when laird and Drameh are back) plus new signings in January.
20:21, Tue 26 Dec
Ribeye
Mr Driscoll
Ribeye

How can anyone say how many points he'll get from them 10 games? His record to date is irrelevant for the next 10 games. He'll have players back from injury (Roberts and Anderson for a start, not sure when laird and Drameh are back) plus new signings in January.

With respect, I was simply putting flesh in your comment “ if things don’t improve by late February”, and if they don’t then we’ll get 7 points from 10 games, being as so far, we’ve got 9 from 13 games.